PDA

View Full Version : Shot timer question

2-BPM
09-03-07, 02:47
I am looking at getting a shot timer, and have already done a search on the subject here. my question is which shot timers will register dry fire. I'm looking at the CED 7000 model, can anyone who owns one let me know? Also, for the guys who use shot timers, what are some good drills to do? I dry fire alot, mostly practice on the drawl from concealment. looking more for defense type stuff, i don't compete.

Robb Jensen
09-03-07, 17:43
The 7000 is a nice timer. I'll be getting on when I break my current CE Pocket Pro 2 timer.

For drills check out Steve Andersons book 'Refinement and Repetition' and Saul Kirschs book 'Perfect Practice' both available at the Brian Enos web site. http://www.brianenos.com/store/books.html

mayonaise
09-11-07, 21:56
I prefer the CED 8000 and even the old 6000 models over the 7000. Displays are easier to see clipped to your waist. I also like the Pact Club III timer. Nice big display that gives you first shot, spits etc... What I like about the 8000 is I easily program repeated par times for dry fire practice. Plus it comes with ear plugs so you don't bother other people in the house or in hotel rooms with thin walls. :D

I guess the 7000 is ok and will fit some people's needs. I just have a preference for the defunkt 6000 and the 8000. The 8k has proven to be robust. The CED's tend to eat 9v batteries faster than the Pact Club timer I had.

2-BPM
09-12-07, 14:28
thanks for the feed back guys. its about time i get one.