PDA

View Full Version : Arizona to secede from the union????

ares armor
02-03-11, 14:17
A bill (SB1433 ) has been introduced that will create a 12 man committee in Arizona that will be charged with deciding which federal laws to abide by...

Back to the good old State rights vs. Fed rights fun.

I read the bill and I have to say it is about as close to a declaration of independence as you can get without actually declaring independence.

"This act serves as a notice and demand to the Congress and the
federal government to cease and desist all activities outside the scope of their constitutionally designated powers."

"THE COMMITTEE SHALL ENSURE THAT THE LEGISLATURE ADOPTS AND ENACTS ALL MEASURES THAT MAY BE NECESSARY TO PREVENT THE ENFORCEMENT OF ANY FEDERAL LAW OR REGULATION NULLIFIED PURSUANT TO THIS SECTION. THE COMMITTEE SHALL ENSURE THAT THE JURISDICTION OF ANY CAUSE OF ACTION BETWEEN THIS STATE AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REGARDING NULLIFICATION OF ANY FEDERAL LEGISLATION, MANDATE OR EXECUTIVE ORDER WITH THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES ALONE, AS STATED IN ARTICLE III, SECTION 2, UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION."

If this passes it will obviously be overturned by the Supreme Court at which time the AZ committee of 12 will decide to annul the Supreme Court decision. This political conflict might have the power of not only effectively seceding Arizona but I would be willing to be that a few other States will be watching and most likely come to her aid if conflict did arise.

What are your opinions?
PLEASE READ IT BEFORE COMMENTING. IT CAN BE FOUND AT
http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/50leg/1r/bills/sb1433p.pdf

glocktogo
02-03-11, 14:38
I'm sure pigs will fly before that bill passes out of committee.

ares armor
02-03-11, 14:57

haha if there is ever a state that can legislate pigs to fly its AZ

glocktogo
02-03-11, 15:31
True! :)

Here in OK, we have the regular crew of legislators who talk a tough game about rolling back federal incursions and other eggregious wrongs. They introduce bills that never pass out of committee, but it whips up their base which is what they wanted all along. :(

Belmont31R
02-03-11, 15:37
True! :)

Here in OK, we have the regular crew of legislators who talk a tough game about rolling back federal incursions and other eggregious wrongs. They introduce bills that never pass out of committee, but it whips up their base which is what they wanted all along. :(

We have that problem in TX, too. For being such a supposed gun loving state I get to sit here and watch other states roll back gun control while they barely do anything here. I think since I moved here they have passed one pro-gun bill which was just clarifying an existing law about carrying concealed in your car.

We just started a new legislative session, though, since our Congress only meets every other year. Hopefully we get something done this time around....:rolleyes:

BrianS
02-03-11, 15:38
While I agree that the Federal Government is dangerously out of bounds in certain areas I think all other options should be tried before this kind of thing becomes law.

This is the kind of stuff that leads to another Civil War.

rdc0000
02-03-11, 16:22
While I agree that the Federal Government is dangerously out of bounds in certain areas I think all other options should be tried before this kind of thing becomes law.

States that join or territories that become states of a UNION of states should be able to secede from the UNITED States. What part of that do you not understand?

MarkG
02-03-11, 16:35

Man I love Arizona! Dig out an umbrella...

There is also a Firearms Omnibus Bill that greatly expands concealed carry rights and allows citizens to seize government property if their rights are violated....

http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2011/01/31/20110131arizona-gun-bill-aims-loosen-laws.html

Business_Casual
02-03-11, 17:56
States that join or territories that become states of a UNION of states should be able to secede from the UNITED States. What part of that do you not understand?

What do you expect from a Yankee?

B_C

GermanSynergy
02-03-11, 18:08
Very interesting. Even more so if this bill becomes law.

Spiffums
02-03-11, 18:14
Have you ever know the Fed Gov to give up any power it took for itself?

Bubba FAL
02-03-11, 19:51

While I agree that such decisions should not be made capriciously, it is no longer a Union if it must be maintained by force.

madisonsfinest
02-03-11, 21:25
I wonder how well AZ would do on its own.

Iraqgunz
02-04-11, 00:46
I think people are misunderstanding the intentions. There is nothing about "succeeding" here unless something changed from what I read.

What they are saying is that if the feds pass laws that do not pass the smell test (exceeding their constitutional authority) Arizona is going to ignore them.

I believe that other states have talked about such stuff in the past as well. Maybe if all of the other states were so bold, the federal government would pull its' head out of our ass and start focusing.

armakraut
02-04-11, 02:42
Secede from the union?

Probably won't happen, but it would be glorious if it did.

variablebinary
02-04-11, 03:45
Secede from the union?

Probably won't happen, but it would be glorious if it did.

Correction is coming, but it will be because the federal gov't becomes insolvent.

You can't pay back $14,000,000,000,000. That's a fantasy. People need to start coming to grips with that fact. It wont take secession to bring down the union. Not this time.

Thank the bankers and globalists. It was a good run though.

Bolt_Overide
02-04-11, 04:15
I dont think secession is the answer at this time, but I do think that its time for a statement that gets through the guberment overlord's thick skulls....

Business_Casual
02-04-11, 06:09
Correction is coming, but it will be because the federal gov't becomes insolvent.

You can't pay back $14,000,000,000,000. That's a fantasy. People need to start coming to grips with that fact. It wont take secession to bring down the union. Not this time.

Thank the bankers and globalists. It was a good run though.

So the politicians and the voters who kept re-electing them, bear no responsibility? I understand the monetary system, I understand the immigration system, I understand the Federal housing system, and voted accordingly.

B_C

The_War_Wagon
02-04-11, 07:20
I wonder how well AZ would do on its own.

Once they institute the "$50-an-ear" bounty on CRIMINAL FOREIGN INVADERS, I suspect they'll do QUITE well!

500grains
02-04-11, 11:03
It is becoming clear that the genuine possibility of secession and armed resistance may be what is required in order to bring the federal government back to a sustainable reality.

GermanSynergy
02-05-11, 10:21
You're 100% right on that one. The ignorant and entitlement minded masses that vote for these people will keep voting themselves pay raises and more "benefits".

So the politicians and the voters who kept re-electing them, bear no responsibility? I understand the monetary system, I understand the immigration system, I understand the Federal housing system, and voted accordingly.

B_C

BrianS
02-05-11, 16:04

I think you are the one lacking understanding. Nowhere did I say a State couldn't secede from the Union. What I said was that other options should be exhausted before States undertake the kinds of activities that led to the bloodiest war in American history.

kmrtnsn
02-05-11, 18:46
How much would it cost Arizona to patrol not only it's southern border, but those to the east, west, and north as well? Who would it use? Their national guard? Who would pay them?

How much economic loss would come from the loss of all of the federal government employees and the local economic engines the drive local economies such as Davis-Monthan and Luke air force bases and Ft. Huachuca?

Who would defend Arizona? With what? Planes cost money, tanks cost money, and troops cost a lot more in the long run than the toys do. Who would pay for that?

Who would Arizona trade with? Mexico? Arizona would have no trade agreements with the U.S. and wouldn't be a trading partner. remember trade tariffs? Exports? What does Arizona export of value that could sustain the cost of government and defense, a cost that would surely multiply by a factor of ten or more?

That free flow of commerce along interstates 10 and 40 and the two corresponding rail links that drop nothing but currency in the form of tax revenue, those will be cut and re-routed.

Who knows, maybe the new Arizona Peso will be gold backed.

Secession? Never happen.

ForTehNguyen
02-05-11, 21:30
this sounds more like nullification more than secession?

mr_smiles
02-05-11, 22:29
never mind