PDA

View Full Version : Most durable fixed stock

Armadillo
02-03-11, 23:21
When I get my AR I need a fixed stock. (In a ban state)

What is the most durable and most indestructible fixed stock for an AR?

Since I can not have a collapsable I am looking for something that is fixed and very tough.

Do the old school A2's still hold up well to modern offerings?

ma96782
02-03-11, 23:31
And what is exactly wrong with the standard GI A2 stock?

Aloha, Mark

cop1211
02-03-11, 23:33
A2 would be fine. I've always liked the Sully stock. I'm trying to resist the urge to start piecing together a new rifle based around the Sully stock.:)

Armadillo
02-03-11, 23:35
And what is exactly wrong with the standard GI A2 stock?

Aloha, Mark

It is not as tacticool as a Magpul family of stocks.

You know what though, the A2 is still in use and is so inexpensive that I could buy a couple spares if I bust it up.

I am thinking that I could just go old school and get a A2.

I was also thinking of the Vltor Rifle stock.

m1a_scoutguy
02-03-11, 23:38
I'm in NY myself and I really like the A1 Stock,,its just a tad shorter than the A2,,Hmmm,about 5/8 of a inch I think !!! I like them alot they work good and seem to be holding up fine !!! I haven't given anyone a butt stroke with the end of the rifle,,,but so far so good !!! ;) I hear good reports about the "Sully Stock",,,its a tad shorter than the A1 even,,but still Legal in Ban States ! Or just buy whatever stock you want,,,try it,,get it set to the length you want and have it "pinned" so it can not be adjusted !!

opmike
02-03-11, 23:59
The Sully stocks may be worth looking at.

Personally, I absolutely cannot stand the LOP on an A2.

Armadillo
02-04-11, 00:12
The Sully stocks may be worth looking at.

Personally, I absolutely cannot stand the LOP on an A2.

Wow, this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=10465

Answered by Mr. Sully himself!

Edit:

Darn... looks like a Sully can not accommodate a Magpul ASAP mount. That is what I need, also.

Iraqgunz
02-04-11, 00:25
Was it really necessary to start yet another thread? You have a similar one going already. Edit it and ask the additional info.