PDA

View Full Version : ? on Mash hooks and fastex buckle issue

mark5pt56
09-03-07, 12:02
By chance are the Mash hooks that BFG offers on a stub available with the hook only?

How are these holding up for those who have used them?

I have HK hooks with hundreds of hours hang/use time, no issues.

Also, on the UDC sling and the veststrap adapter from BFG, I've had the stub buckle come undone a few times.(yes both sides were seated propperly) Has anyone else had this happen?

How it happens is when wearing a vest(doesn't matter if a plate carrier or Rhodesian) one side will be disengaged by bumping into a mag, then the tension will cause the other to release. I've seen this happen alot on the ZM bungee slings, especially if the clasp is next to the body/ With the buckle, I've also seen other brands do the same thing, only in single point.

I was wondering if they could start using on of the buckles that has the third release point inthe center. --and without spending 80 on the new type.

I haven't had any issues with the Vickers and buckles though. For now, I've either used zip ties or 550 cord to hold the buckle together on the stub. I
m in the process of modifying the UDC to remove the buckle-no stub and had the HK link sewn into the vest strap, that now has both ends with the HK snap.

Mark

Heavy Metal
09-03-07, 12:07
By chance are the Mash hooks that BFG offers on a stub available with the hook only?

How are these holding up for those who have used them?

I have HK hooks with hundreds of hours hang/use time, no issues.

Also, on the UDC sling and the veststrap adapter from BFG, I've had the stub buckle come undone a few times.(yes both sides were seated propperly) Has anyone else had this happen?

How it happens is when wearing a vest(doesn't matter if a plate carrier or Rhodesian) one side will be disengaged by bumping into a mag, then the tension will cause the other to release. I've seen this happen alot on the ZM bungee slings, especially if the clasp is next to the body/ With the buckle, I've also seen other brands do the same thing, only in single point.

I was wondering if they could start using on of the buckles that has the third release point inthe center. --and without spending 80 on the new type.

I haven't had any issues with the Vickers and buckles though. For now, I've either used zip ties or 550 cord to hold the buckle together on the stub. I
m in the process of modifying the UDC to remove the buckle-no stub and had the HK link sewn into the vest strap, that now has both ends with the HK snap.

Mark

Holler at Grant, he has what you are looking for. I got some from him.

mark5pt56
09-03-07, 12:12
HM, Just the hooks only, no buckle or strap? I wonder who makes them anyhow.

Mark

Heavy Metal
09-03-07, 12:17
Mine had a bit of webbing and a buckle.

Cut that off if you don't want it. It still wasn't that much.

DIYTactical
09-04-07, 11:12
Mark,

PM Sent

ETA: Cutting up a $14.95 adapter for a $2.85 hook could get expensive