PDA

View Full Version : Magpul butt stock question

duece71
02-04-11, 11:57
Hello,
I am thinking about getting a Magpul MOE butt stock for my RRA ET. However, I have to choose between Mil-spec receiver extension tube and Commercial receiver tube. How does one tell if the receiver tube is mil-spec or commercial?? Any markings I should look for?? Different measurements maybe?? Thank you for the Help.

Eurodriver
02-04-11, 12:03
If you bought your RRA complete (meaning you didn't build it yourself, or bought it from someone who did) you have a commercial sized receiver extension.

ghostman1960
02-04-11, 12:05
If you bought your RRA complete (meaning you didn't build it yourself, or bought it from someone who did) you have a commercial sized receiver extension.

Correct. If you have a stock RRA rifle from the factory it will have a commercial size receiver extension.

chadbag
02-04-11, 12:08
Hello,
I am thinking about getting a Magpul MOE butt stock for my RRA ET. However, I have to choose between Mil-spec receiver extension tube and Commercial receiver tube. How does one tell if the receiver tube is mil-spec or commercial?? Any markings I should look for?? Different measurements maybe?? Thank you for the Help.

In your case, as has been said, it is a commercial tube.

Here is a magpul document that describes the differences.

http://cdn.magpul.com/downloads/Receiver_Extension_Comparison.pdf

Note that there exist commercial tubes that are flat backed and not slant backed, but the other dimensions and stuff would be the same as with the slant back tubes.

duece71
02-04-11, 12:56
Yes, I bought this rifle complete. It is the RRA entry tactical. Thank you all the info, I will look at it tonite. What are the differences between the 2 types?? Just so I know.
Thanks.

dennisuello
02-04-11, 13:10
Yes, I bought this rifle complete. It is the RRA entry tactical. Thank you all the info, I will look at it tonite. What are the differences between the 2 types?? Just so I know.
Thanks.

Did you look at this? http://cdn.magpul.com/downloads/Receiver_Extension_Comparison.pdf

duece71
02-04-11, 18:45
sorry, yep I just saw it. Now I have what I need. Thanks guys!