PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Egyptian Style...

Belmont31R
02-04-11, 15:27
Can't say I blame anyone being surrounded by a hostile crowd from just punching it.

A few vids like this have come out but this one takes the cake.

Link may have some NSFW pics and links..

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a8f_1296761547

kal
02-04-11, 16:05
I posted three liveleak vids in the first Egyption thread. Check the other videos out.

kartoffel
02-04-11, 18:04
Can't say I blame anyone being surrounded by a hostile crowd from just punching it.

Sucks for the protesters, but if you assault a car with your body, expect to lose.

120mm
02-04-11, 18:11
I've long held the belief that while protesting and assembling peacefully is fine, once it becomes "angry mob" the people in the mob voluntarily surrender the right to be treated as human beings.

I would have a problem with GPMGs with long belts on T&E mechanisms being applied liberally in that case.

telecustom
02-04-11, 18:12
Good technique, I like how he powered through as he hit the bulk of the protesters.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-04-11, 23:04
Wow. At first I thought that he just plowed thru them, but it looks like he actually stops and starts to get surrounded and then he floors it. I guess the first rioter you hit will get you ripped to pieces, the other 19 are free.

Guess it just shows that when shit starts to get crazy, crazy shit happens.

Prayers for those injuried and prayers for the driver- I assume he is just doing his job.

kal
02-05-11, 00:10
Prayers for those injuried and prayers for the driver- I assume he is just doing his job.

If by "doing his job" you mean being the arm of a violent and blood thristy dictatorship, then I agree.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-05-11, 01:10
If by "doing his job" you mean being the arm of a violent and blood thristy dictatorship, then I agree.

Getting the 15 people in the van out of harms way. It was described as a "diplomatic van" which I assume means international people, not local.

variablebinary
02-05-11, 02:21

When shit gets crazy, stay off the streets and you won't get run over.

Magic_Salad0892
02-05-11, 04:06
Sorry, but I have no sympathy for anybody who thinks it's cool to start ****ing with diplomats who have absolutely nothing to do with your revolution.

If they got hit, they deserved it.

kartoffel
02-05-11, 10:07
Wow. At first I thought that he just plowed thru them, but it looks like he actually stops and starts to get surrounded and then he floors it. I guess the first rioter you hit will get you ripped to pieces, the other 19 are free.

Another way to look at it, the driver knocked through the first group and then paused to give the rest of the crowd a chance to GTFO. When they failed to make a hole, he got on the gas a 2nd time.

jklaughrey
02-05-11, 10:20
I see nothing wrong with the drivers' actions. Those rioter's knew they would suffer consequences for their actions at some point. Being run down by a vehicle is just part of the game. Driver did his job, and did it well. I would buy him a beer if I was a passenger in the vehicle.

RogerinTPA
02-05-11, 10:28
That was awesome!:p

Business_Casual
02-05-11, 11:50

If you mean violent and blood thirsty in the sense that they have kept the peace with Israel and prevented a coptic blood-letting on a vast scale by a mullah-led dictatorship, as well as helped us interrogate jihadis off-shore, then yes.

If you mean it in some college freshman survey class sense, where you don't understand the situation and have never been to Eqypt, then no.

B_C

Heartland Hawk
02-05-11, 12:43
I see nothing wrong with the drivers' actions. Those rioter's knew they would suffer consequences for their actions at some point. Being run down by a vehicle is just part of the game. Driver did his job, and did it well. I would buy him a beer if I was a passenger in the vehicle.

This.

kal
02-05-11, 13:17
If you mean violent and blood thirsty in the sense that they have kept the peace with Israel and prevented a coptic blood-letting on a vast scale by a mullah-led dictatorship, as well as helped us interrogate jihadis off-shore, then yes.

I couldn't care less about this non sense.

The reality is, that middle eastern governments treat their people like shit. So when I see a middle eastern government vehicle running over civilians that are protesting in a rage due to the conditions of their country, I automatically assume the government is at fault and is trying to suppress dissent the only way they know how, with violence.

GermanSynergy
02-05-11, 13:25
It's not nonsense, it's a fact. Egypt, for all of it's faults, will be infinitely worse off under an Islamist theocracy than under what they have now.

The reality is, that middle eastern governments treat their people like shit. So when I see a middle eastern government vehicle running over civilians that are protesting in a rage due to the conditions of their country, I automatically assume the government is at fault and is trying to suppress dissent the only way they know how, with violence.

Heartland Hawk
02-05-11, 15:20
I agree. If the MB even get a slight say in the government there, it will destabilize (relatively) the whole region even more.

Business_Casual
02-05-11, 16:58

You'll care about it when gas is $10 a gallon because the MB cut off the Suez Canal and there's no food in the Safeway because there's no fuel to deliver it to the stores. You'll care about it when world markets collapse in the face of a nuked Tel Aviv.

These people are savages and would cut your throat just as quickly as they would cut Mr Mubarak's. There will be no "democracy" in Egypt, you will just suceed in replacing stable oppression with maniac of zealots who want the destruction of our way of life. What does it take to get through to people? The jihadis want to enslave you in the name of their religion. They don't want peaceful representative democracy with clean streets and bus trips to the pyramids, FFS.

B_C

Belmont31R
02-05-11, 17:21

Thats because middle easterners are more or less savages with little to no regard for human life. They are never going to have a western style government, and nothing like we have in the US. A country that tried that would get toppled quickly. Those people need a firm fist from above to keep them in line.

Look at what happened to Afghanistan. People don't realize there used to be a big western presence there. We built their canals and infastructure. The taliban took over, and turned the UN built soccer stadium into an execution venue. Especially the rural areas are still living like they were hundreds of years ago. They stone people, practice female circumcision, turn little boys into sex slaves, and are just generally horrible people.

What I see here is Mubarak was duly elected, and until he is legally put out of office he is still the president. How would Obama like it if in response to the Tea Party protests British PM Cameron called him up and told him to get out of office? Do you think Obama would ever entertain the idea of leaving office due to protests?

Those types of protests would never fly here. Look at how we treat G20 type protests...Egypt is actually handling it a lot better than what our government does here.

With that said if a bunch of animals want to crowd around a vehicle, pelt it with rocks, and generally come across as being very threatening then people have a right to do what they need to. In this case it was getting the **** out as quickly as possible. Just happened to be a bunch of muslim animals in the way. Too bad. Those people don't care about human life to begin with so a bunch of people getting pancaked doesn't really ring any sorry bells with me. Imagine if that crowd had plucked those people out of the van. They wouldn't have made it...

Safetyhit
02-05-11, 20:53
If they got hit, they deserved it.

Is that a fact? And what makes you so certain that any of the individuals run over had any clue that van even existed before it pummeled them? Or who was in it.

mr_smiles
02-05-11, 21:03
Thats because middle easterners are more or less savages with little to no regard for human life. They are never going to have a western style government, and nothing like we have in the US. A country that tried that would get toppled quickly. Those people need a firm fist from above to keep them in line...
That's pretty much like saying blacks aren't of equal status. It has nothing to do with the individual but the society as whole, and any society can change with the proper direction and time. In 200 years we might be the ones who people call savages while the middle east becomes a group of secular nations that are leaps and bounds ahead of us.

Read Buffon from the 1700's or any European rhetoric about the new world and it's being an inferior place with inferior races & cultures that can't compete with the grandeur of the European nations.

kal
02-05-11, 21:29
blah blah blah.

yeah yeah yeah

Here's more of Egyptian police bullshit.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bc5_1296940696

Business_Casual
02-05-11, 21:37
That's pretty much like saying blacks aren't of equal status. It has nothing to do with the individual but the society as whole, and any society can change with the proper direction and time. In 200 years we might be the ones who people call savages while the middle east becomes a group of secular nations that are leaps and bounds ahead of us.

Read Buffon from the 1700's or any European rhetoric about the new world and it's being an inferior place with inferior races & cultures that can't compete with the grandeur of the European nations.

That's pretty much like saying you've never been there and have no idea what the country is like, nor how they would treat your Christian brothers if the contols were lifted, but you are willing to gamble with other people's lives to satisfy your need for imaginary political correctness. I'm sure my Coptic friends will appreciate your urbane wittiness as they are beheaded by savage animals in the name of religion.

B_C

mr_smiles
02-05-11, 22:19
That's pretty much like saying you've never been there and have no idea what the country is like, nor how they would treat your Christian brothers if the contols were lifted, but you are willing to gamble with other people's lives to satisfy your need for imaginary political correctness. I'm sure my Coptic friends will appreciate your urbane wittiness as they are beheaded by savage animals in the name of religion.

B_C

Political correctness is saying what the **** kind of government Egypt should have. It's not our decision and it's a new "conservative" idea that we control international politics, it sure as hell wasn't something we had any desire to do until after WW2. And when it comes to puppet governments we can't even do that right. Meddling in other affairs only results in chaos as evident of what we're currently seeing.

A small list of countries we've helped by empowering dictators in recent history... I even put them in alphabetical order.

Bolivia, Brunei, Cambodia, Chile, Cuba, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Fiji, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia
Iran, Liberia, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rhodesia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Turkey, Uganda, Vietnam, Zaire...

I believe we shouldn't be in the business of nation building. Instead of spending billions feeding Africans lets feed Americans, instead of spending billions building roads in Afghanistan lets repair our failing infrastructure that's 60 years old. Hurt us, we just bomb you back to the stone age and let you rebuild on your own. But I fully support a persons wanting to be free and trying to gain that freedom, but I don't believe we should interfere for either side.

Iraq Ninja
02-05-11, 22:53
Lets not forget what happens when you stop a vehicle in a crowd of unfriendly folks:

Video- http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=595_1280348225

During the funeral of Kevin Brady, killed at Milltown Cemetery (16 March 1988), a car approached the funeral procession at high speed. It was claimed by some present that they feared another attack by Loyalist gunmen. The car's passage was blocked and a group of the mourners attacked the two passengers. The two men in the car were later identified as corporals Derek Wood and David Howes of the British Army. One of the soldiers fired a warning shot but both were beaten and overpowered. The two soldiers were driven to waste ground and shot dead. Part of this incident was also recorded on television news cameras

kartoffel
02-05-11, 23:23
It's not our decision and it's a new "conservative" idea that we control international politics, it sure as hell wasn't something we had any desire to do until after WW2. And when it comes to puppet governments we can't even do that right.

Nahh, the old days it you just did a full-on occupation and then either annexed it, or if you wanted to keep the brown people at arms' length you called it a "colony" or "protectorate".

Puppet governments and indirect control via economic pressure are nothing new, though.

500grains
02-06-11, 00:31
You'll care about it when world markets collapse in the face of a nuked Tel Aviv.

Some years ago I read an analysis to the effect that within four (4) hours, Israel could essentially depopulate (90% kill rate) Egypt, Iran and Syria with nukes.

500grains
02-06-11, 00:34

And it was true.

Belmont31R
02-06-11, 00:42

No its not like saying blacks aren't of equal status. Gotta throw in a little racism? :rolleyes:

Theres many races of people who are muslims. Asians, persians, arabs, blacks....The religion has nothing to do with a persons skin color. There isn't a single predominately muslim country that places any kind of value of human life that is in any way comparable to western nations.

Life there is a dime a dozen.

Belmont31R
02-06-11, 00:45
yeah yeah yeah

Muslim countries are savage places...what do you expect?

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-06-11, 02:38
A small list of countries we've helped by empowering dictators in recent history... I even put them in alphabetical order.

Bolivia, Brunei, Cambodia, Chile, Cuba, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Fiji, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia
Iran, Liberia, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rhodesia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Turkey, Uganda, Vietnam, Zaire...

Interesting list. Of the ones where we propped up dictators, how many went to hell after the dictator was deposed, and how many soared to new heights?

You also forgot Japan, Germany, Eastern Europe where we took out dictators.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-06-11, 02:41
yeah yeah yeah

In the comments, someone says that the guy was shot in the back by his 'friendlies' so they would have some footage to show.

What the frick was the guy doing anyway? Showing off his belly face painting of Mubarek?

kal
02-06-11, 03:10
In the comments, someone says that the guy was shot in the back by his 'friendlies' so they would have some footage to show.

What the frick was the guy doing anyway? Showing off his belly face painting of Mubarek?

i wouldn't trust random comments with no backing evidence.

As to what the guy was doing, well, probably complying with orders? Probably the same stuff I see on COPS. "get down, walk towards me, palms up, hands behind your back, turn around, walk backwards, hands behind your head, get on your knees, etc, etc, etc." Pick one.

mr_smiles
02-06-11, 08:25
Interesting list. Of the ones where we propped up dictators, how many went to hell after the dictator was deposed, and how many soared to new heights?

You also forgot Japan, Germany, Eastern Europe where we took out dictators.

Yeah the countries you listed we ran, we didn't put in a Shah. So they're not comparable. Instead Americans ran those countries, Americans such as General Douglas MacArthur, who pretty much remade the Japanese culture such as giving women rights and so on.

mr_smiles
02-06-11, 08:35
And it was true.

Are you shitting me? You're just trying to get a rise out of me. It's obvious you're not familiar with the french dick known as buffon.

The man made claims that Americans climate caused plants & animals to degenerate including people, and the the superior conditions in filthy Europe cause bountiful fields and such.

Keep in mind that Buffon was truly a little prick, while Thomas Jefferson was over 6", an extremely large man for his time.

It took sending a moose to cause Buffon to retract his claims, however he died before he was able to complete his retraction and it's one of the main reason's until recent history that many Europeans believe Americans to be inferior because they learned of America from Buffon's writings.

500grains
02-06-11, 09:01
I had no clue who Buffon was until your post. Perhaps he is the origin of the word Buffoon.

However, reading your initial reference to him, I imagined that he meant Europeans of the year 1700 had superior technology to the native Americans, superior literature (i.e., Europeans had a written language), superior construction (palaces vs. teepees), superior weapons (firearms vs. spears and bows), superior music (grand operas, etc. vs. primitive drum music).

How Europeans got that far while throwing their own poop out the window into the street is by itself a fascinating question.

variablebinary
02-06-11, 14:40
Your chances of being captured and killed go up dramatically when you stop your vehicle in an unsecured area.

Getting the hell out of dodge should be priority one.

M4Fundi
02-06-11, 15:52
I used to have to weekly drive into the townships is RSA pre-Mandela era and depending on what the mood was in the township if they were pissed about something (unknown to you) they would set up ambushes to stone and mob your vehicle and if they could pull you out you were gonna get stoned or tied up with a tire placed around you filled with diesel (burns slow). I carried a 12g pump with SSG rounds everytime I went in there. Mob violence lacks sanity and indecisive action will quickly get you killed.

I somehow doubt that limo was out driving around with the intention of running over protesters. The driver was decisive and acted appropriately. IMHO.

Prayers for the dead and injured.

M4arc
02-06-11, 16:20
i wouldn't trust random comments with no backing evidence.

As to what the guy was doing, well, probably complying with orders? Probably the same stuff I see on COPS. "get down, walk towards me, palms up, hands behind your back, turn around, walk backwards, hands behind your head, get on your knees, etc, etc, etc." Pick one.

Pure speculation on your part. Just like you don't trust random comments with no backing evidence we don't ASSume the guy was innocent and that the officials in that grainy-fuzzy video are guilty. Hell I thought he might have a bomb strapped to his chest the first time I saw it. Am I right? I don’t know but I’m not willing to say one way or the other.

Stop pretending that all those poor Egyptians are innocent and being treated unfairly by the police over there. It’s Egypt, its collapsing and crazy shit happens.

Have you ever been out of this country?

kal
02-06-11, 16:29
Pure speculation on your part.

Isn't it always speculation by everyone when talking about foreign problems on these forums?

M4arc
02-06-11, 16:36
Isn't it always speculation by everyone when talking about foreign problems on these forums?

True enough but we're not pretending that those brutal Egyptian police are clubbing poor innocent civilians like they're baby seals either...

Joe Mamma
02-06-11, 20:56

Truer words have never been spoken. When it starts to happen, you need to get out, lay low or get ready . . .

Joe Mamma

Jake'sDad
02-06-11, 21:29
I've been in the middle of a riot in this country, and been surrounded by a large angry crowd.

I can't imagine how terrifying it had to be trying to drive out of there, keeping your passengers safe, under those conditions.