PDA

View Full Version : America 'sold British nuclear secrets to Russia'

m4fun
02-05-11, 09:55
America is to give the Russians details of Britain's Trident missiles under a new treaty, according to the latest WikiLeaks revelations.

The deal, which will be signed by U.S. President Barack Obama next week, will see Moscow given information about the missiles, which are manufactured and maintained in America.

The Daily Telegraph claims the Americans used the details of British nuclear secrets as a 'bargaining chip' to persuade Russia to sign the key treaty.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353888/WikiLeaks-claim-US-set-reveal-British-nuclear-secrets-Russia.html#ixzz1D6FidR7j

GermanSynergy
02-05-11, 10:18
Funny we hear nothing in the American media about any of this... I sent this article to some of my Democrat family members and am eagerly waiting their response....

RogerinTPA
02-05-11, 10:31
With this administration, it doesn't surprise me at all. Nothing but a clown car filled with amateurs running this country.

Belmont31R
02-05-11, 10:33
Remember Obama said in the state of the union that our image in the world has been fixed.

I think our allies will feel better once he is out of office.

jklaughrey
02-05-11, 10:44
I am suprised Obama hasn't been bumped off by the CIA, like JFK was.

Gutshot John
02-05-11, 11:40
I am suprised Obama hasn't been bumped off by the CIA, like JFK was.

Huh? :rolleyes:

I presume you're kidding? Do you have anything of actual relevance to add or do you just blurt out whatever stupid shit pops into your head?

jklaughrey
02-05-11, 11:53
Ease up man, it was a joke. No need to be a jerk on the internet...rambo!:D

Gutshot John
02-05-11, 12:00
Ease up man, it was a joke. No need to be a jerk on the internet...rambo!:D

Like I said I presumed you're kidding but it was hard to tell without something to indicate it was a joke.

That said it wasn't really funny. So I'd submit I wasn't the jerk.

jklaughrey
02-05-11, 12:03
Everyone's humor is subjective. What you find funny I perhaps won't. We are after all individuals' and entitled to our own opinion. So without saying too much we can both occupy the same space and be of differing perspectives without arguing over who is right or wrong. Cheers.

Gutshot John
02-05-11, 12:05
Everyone's humor is subjective, and I don't really find anything off limits to humor, but at least give me a hint that you're kidding...that's what smilies are for.

That way I can chalk it up to humor (even if really dumb) instead of someone's tinfoil being wrapped a bit too tight.

jklaughrey
02-05-11, 12:08
No tinfoil here, but I have a chili pot!:thank_you2:

Palmguy
02-05-11, 12:18
Moving back to the topic of this thread...

rubberneck
02-05-11, 12:27
I don't think there is a long term ally of this country that this current administration wouldn't sell down the river to further their agenda. I hate Chris Matthews but I'll give him credit when he said on air the other night that he was ashamed to be an American because of the way our current administration has treated Mubarak, a close ally for 30 years.

SWATcop556
02-05-11, 12:28
Moving back to the topic of this thread...

A fantastic idea.

HES
02-05-11, 12:31
Never mind, DP

HES
02-05-11, 12:32
Ok so let me get this straight; We throw our closest ally under the bus, betraying their national security at the same time we are missing Russia's ass? Yeah nothing wrong here people, move along

mr_smiles
02-05-11, 14:08
Not trying to justify the giving of any nuclear information to russia.

But that information is American not British, they just happen to use the same system so they're thrown into the same pool. Lockheed is an American company out of Colorado not someplace in the UK ;)

Suwannee Tim
02-05-11, 18:35
Just another way of proving that America is harmless to her enemies, ruthless to her friends.

chadbag
02-05-11, 19:15
Not trying to justify the giving of any nuclear information to russia.

But that information is American not British, they just happen to use the same system so they're thrown into the same pool. Lockheed is an American company out of Colorado not someplace in the UK ;)

You obviously did not read the article.

chadbag
02-05-11, 19:17
Lockheed is an American company out of Colorado not someplace in the UK ;)

And Lockheed seems to be headquartered in Maryland, not Colorado.

Business_Casual
02-05-11, 19:45
Just another way of proving that America is harmless to her enemies, ruthless to her friends.

Almost like there is some kind of plan...

B_C

mr_smiles
02-05-11, 20:40
And Lockheed seems to be headquartered in Maryland, not Colorado.

I'm soooo sorry, I guess I should have been a little more clear, lockheed martin space systems. You know the side of lockheed that builds shit that flies into space, like slbm's ;)

mr_smiles
02-05-11, 20:44
You obviously did not read the article.

Yeah I did, and it's the dailymail. Russia want's to know how many nukes we export to the UK. It has more to do with us than the UK - but that's just my opinion.

The dailymail just like to cause debate among it's subscribers.

chadbag
02-05-11, 23:33
I'm soooo sorry, I guess I should have been a little more clear, lockheed martin space systems. You know the side of lockheed that builds shit that flies into space, like slbm's ;)

And based on this

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/ssc/AboutUs/VisitorInformation/index.html

That seems to be California and Florida ("strategic missiles"), not Colorado (which does not list "strategic missiles" in Colorado)

chadbag
02-05-11, 23:34
Yeah I did, and it's the dailymail. Russia want's to know how many nukes we export to the UK. It has more to do with us than the UK - but that's just my opinion.

The dailymail just like to cause debate among it's subscribers.

Obviously you did not really read it. We asked the UK to give Russia info on the UK Trident missiles (like how many) which UK policy was to not say how many they had and when the UK refused we volunteered info on serial numbers of missiles supplied to the UK, which basically is the same info, so we said F-U to the UK. The data was directly related to the UK and only peripherally to us.

mr_smiles
02-06-11, 08:16
And based on this

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/ssc/AboutUs/VisitorInformation/index.html

That seems to be California and Florida ("strategic missiles"), not Colorado (which does not list "strategic missiles" in Colorado)

Wow we're getting into a pointless argument, but what the hell. NASA is based in DC, but they sure as hell don't build rockets in downtown DC. Yet people still see NASA as being based out of the Kennedy space center.

So unless things have changed LMSS is based out of Denver (littleton, it's right on the outskirts of Denver so it's still Denver to and nice place to live by the way :) )

Now they have places where the manufacture across the country.

Maybe Britain shouldn't have sold off AWE and none of this would be a problem seeing how they wouldn't need to rely on American companies, but yet any negotiating with Russia is a dumb ass idea.

Bolt_Overide
02-06-11, 23:26
Yay, lets screw over our closest ally in a huge way, just to push this egotistical jackasses private agenda.

Sad part is, his fanbois probably dont see shit wrong with this crap.

GermanSynergy
02-07-11, 11:27
Few people even know about it in the US, as American media outlets aren't running the story. :rolleyes:

Yay, lets screw over our closest ally in a huge way, just to push this egotistical jackasses private agenda.

Sad part is, his fanbois probably dont see shit wrong with this crap.

Watrdawg
02-07-11, 12:31
Fox was talking about it this morning. They also mentioned the other things Obama has done to insult the Brits. IE: Sending back the bust of Churchill, giving the Queen an IPOD with his speaches on it as a State gift, the missle info and 1 or 2 other things that I can't remember. Seems giving back the bust of Churchill was a big insult.

C-grunt
02-07-11, 12:49
Hopefully the Brits stick with us until this administaration is out of office.

Avenger29
02-07-11, 19:18
Fox was talking about it this morning. They also mentioned the other things Obama has done to insult the Brits. IE: Sending back the bust of Churchill, giving the Queen an IPOD with his speaches on it as a State gift, the missle info and 1 or 2 other things that I can't remember. Seems giving back the bust of Churchill was a big insult.

You forgot gifting the Royal Family with DVDs.

rdc0000
02-07-11, 19:51
There are some sick people in the administration that did this the world. The Russians don't just quit and go home, they are still playing the game. Knowing how many warheads are pointed at them helps them compete. We have some utter fools in the white house and I don't just mean that arrogant ass. I hope this kind of crap kills the ratification of START II. Kissing commies asses just because you think it's kool to be a USA commie. They have no clue.