PDA

View Full Version : Looking to build an AR-15. I have a couple of questions,...

cvriv
02-05-11, 18:38
Im currently live on the wrong side of the delaware water gap, aka Jersey. Im looking to build an M4 carbine.

A friend who lives on jersey too told me that I do not need a permit to buy one out of state. All I need is my firearms ID card. He said he bought many rifles in PA. Not that I doubt him,... but is this true? He said they will call state police to verify me which is fine.

Now,... To buy an AR-15 lower I need an FFL. I started going to a range in PA called "ready aim fire" thats only 15 minutes from me. Im pretty sure they are an FFL but I will call and check. Could I have the AR-15 lower sent to them and recieve it from them? My friend said yes. Im just checking here to see if anyone else can verify this for me.

I already own a hangun in Jersey. I own a Glock21. What a pain it was to get all the documents needed to get it. I was told that getting an additional permit isnt as bad as getting the firearms id and the first permit. Bit if I can get what I need without a permit,... awesome.

Because I hate waiting. I wated like 9 weeks for the first one. After 8 weeks they call me in to get it and then they realized they screwed up my doc's. This was right before NYE and they were all going on vacation:( What a nightmare that was. Anyways. Please let me know. Thanks:)

02-05-11, 18:47
Yes, you can have a lower or complete rifle sent to them. They will then do the paperwork. Whether you can legally own said rifle, I don't know since I reside in a non-commie state.:D

cvriv
02-05-11, 21:32
Do you know if I need a permit to buy the lower?

cvriv
02-05-11, 22:26
I'm going to be attending college in pa within the next 6 months or so. I might be moving to pa sometime after. Don't know for sure. I'm thinking about building a non-nj ar-15 and having my friend who lives in pa hold it for me. I do all my shooting in pa anyways. I could easily stop by his place to pick it up. He's a huge gun fanatic so I know he'll be willing to help me out. His house is pretty much his own armory. Lol.