PDA

View Full Version : New Member of the Family G26

mildot
02-05-11, 18:39
Well in my neck of the woods these little guys were deemed prohibited.Meaning if you didn't own one or they weren't in the country, too bad so sad!

Well I'm "grandfathered" and I was able to get a NIB, its like winning the lottery!

That said I'm looking at GAP floor plates and some new sights? I'm running Heinies on my G34 and G19, what are his "sub compact" sights like? Any suggestions?

willowofwisp
02-05-11, 19:02
I have been running a 26 as my EDC since October 1st, the gun just runs awesome and fits me well. I had Heinie ledge night sights installled, they offer a great sight picture, straight eight style lamps, and a good purchase for one handed manipulations.

The GAP plates are nice, but I have recently went back to the stock base plates.

mildot
02-05-11, 19:10
I have the "straight eights" what's the difference in the "ledge" sights? I'm a big fan of the Heinie straight 8's
Do they have a sub-compact sights?

M4arc
02-05-11, 19:28
Congrats! I love my G26 and its a shame they're so hard to get up there. How are you grandfathered?

As for sites, site with what you on on your G34 and G19.

Forget about the GAP floorplates and run the stock ones. They're fine.

mildot
02-05-11, 19:39
I'm 12.6, I posted a WTB and got an answer and the G26 came from an estate sale, NIB.Price was right and the rest is history.I will definitely being going with a set of Heinie's

SiGfever
02-05-11, 20:57
Congratulations on your new pistol. I have the G33 ("Pocket Rocket") and it is amazingly accurate and easy to control.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2459/img0935large0nc.jpg

willowofwisp
02-05-11, 21:05
Nice 33! I wanted one for awhile but just couldn't justify the increased price in ammo.

SiGfever
02-06-11, 08:06
Nice 33! I wanted one for awhile but just couldn't justify the increased price in ammo.

Thank you. I have been considering getting a 9mm conversion barrel for it to cut down on the ammo cost.

skipper49
02-06-11, 10:01
A G26 has been my daily companion for a couple of years now. I keep a Sig P238 in my pocket, but for a concealable,extremely capable holster or belly band gun, it would be very hard to beat the 26.

Skip

SWATcop556
02-06-11, 10:11
For me the G26 is a niche Glock. I carry my G19 95% of the time but there are certain situations where the G26 is a better option. Congrats on the new Glock.

Out of curiousity why are they "outlawed" up there? Not familiar with the gun laws north of the border.

willowofwisp
02-06-11, 10:17
For me the G26 is a niche Glock. I carry my G19 95% of the time but there are certain situations where the G26 is a better option. Congrats on the new Glock.

Out of curiousity why are they "outlawed" up there? Not familiar with the gun laws north of the border.

A few of my friends I shooot ppc with are Canadians and I think they said a min. Barrel length for new handguns is 4.5?

mildot
02-06-11, 10:20
Well in order to go after the "Saturday night special" market they decided that anything with a 4" or less barrel, along with a .25, or .32 cal is evil!
At the time the law came into effect, if you owned one you were able to keep that status and trade and purchase among other prohib owners, the classification for our license is "12.6" so when we talk about 12.6 owners its the prohib handgun owners.
Owners who had the HK, FN etc line of rifle firearms were similarity given the same status only they are 12.5.

If I get rid of my 12.6 handguns I lose the status, so one must always keep a pistol.Once I move on to the afterlife, the pistol is destroyed I can't "will" it to a family member with no status.So eventually they will all be gone.

The law makers realized that time was on there side.With the passing of a generation all these compact handguns, along with the HK,FAL,AK family of rifles will cease to exist in the "Great White North".Once the owners expire so do the rifles.

jrmymiles
02-06-11, 11:21
This is a sad world we live in. I pick up a new G26 on Friday. Can't wait to get it to the range!

one
02-06-11, 12:15
I'm a huge fan of the Heinie sights on my Glocks and HK's. On the larger Glocks I run the regular Straight Eights but on the little 26 I really like the slant pro version. It works great on pocket carry to help it slide out of the pocket with less to snag on.

I'm really wanting to try a set of the ledge sights...I'm figuring on a set of those for my next 19.

SWATcop556
02-06-11, 13:08
Mildot thank you for the info. Glad you are able to have one for a while. If you need to hide it from .gov I'll keep it safe for you. :thank_you2:

mildot
02-06-11, 13:18
Well I'll keep that in mind.I would much rather have it exported down south than hand it over for destruction.
I wasn't kidding when I meant it is like winning the lottery, there are very few 12.6 G26's here, like maybe a handful, so you can imagine my excitement when I received the offer from the seller.These pistols sell for double the price up here, an indication of how scare it is. It really is like trying to find "hens teeth" LOL! .Thanks for your interest BTW

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-06-11, 16:22
Congrats! I began my CA buying process today of a G26, an atrocious ordeal but nothing compared to your ordeal OP.

The Dumb Gun Collector
02-06-11, 16:27
Fantastic little gun. I ran one pretty hard last year and it was excellent.

eternal24k
02-06-11, 19:43
with the bucket seats in my new car really cramping my style (literally), I have been leaning closer and closer to the G26, actually It will be the first thing I do if I get any tax money back.

Congrats on the score

willowofwisp
02-06-11, 20:01
with the bucket seats in my new car really cramping my style (literally), I have been leaning closer and closer to the G26, actually It will be the first thing I do if I get any tax money back.

Congrats on the score

what kind of seats? the seats in my 06 Civic SI are pretty tight around the kidney area...much more comfy with the 26 versus an m&p or a 17

eternal24k
02-06-11, 20:18
what kind of seats? the seats in my 06 Civic SI are pretty tight around the kidney area...much more comfy with the 26 versus an m&p or a 17

2010 Mazda3 GT, i am not wide by any means, but the seats really hug me, and any holster gets pushed forward and leaves an indent in the leather.

willowofwisp
02-06-11, 20:21
2010 Mazda3 GT, i am not wide by any means, but the seats really hug me, and any holster gets pushed forward and leaves an indent in the leather.

Yea i know how they are, I used to own a 2007 mazda3 GT (traded it in on my SI (i wanted a manual again))..I am sure the 2010 seats are just like the previous gen..they definitely keep you in your seat in those turns.

TheLefty
02-07-11, 12:57

I can echo that the Si has supportive seats, I own an '08, and I'm still comfortable when carrying my 26 IWB.

willowofwisp
02-07-11, 18:31
I can echo that the Si has supportive seats, I own an '08, and I'm still comfortable when carrying my 26 IWB.

vtac yo! i have the best license plate ever on my SI, W8T4VTK.

mildot
02-18-11, 21:58
Hey troops took delivery of the 26, very happy!!! the pistol has had only a few rds down the pipe and was LNIB IMO.I'm trying out some GAP mag plates, but other than that this is a very nice little pistol. Thanks for the comments BTW. :)

P2000
02-18-11, 22:13
You will love it. I have a gen 2 police trade in G26. I runs like a top.

SiGfever
02-19-11, 09:08
Now if you can only get your girlfriend to wear it in a thigh rig. You will lose the gun but watching her holster and re-holster will be well worth the cost. :D