PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Size

Quick Stick
02-05-11, 20:37
Guys, I'm wanting to get an Eagle Plate Carrier. I haven't decided which plates I want to go with yet, but was wanting to buy the carrier now. The question I have is I am 6" 210lbs., I would think the L/XL size for me but wanted to make sure before I order? I read where the size is for plate size. Any help will be great!

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-05-11, 21:14
I have 2" and 5 pounds on you, my chest is a 44 and my wast 34 large works for me. I suppose XL would be fine too but for me I like stuff tight makes it bounce less.

JVille Ninja
02-05-11, 23:13
Guys, I'm wanting to get an Eagle Plate Carrier. I haven't decided which plates I want to go with yet, but was wanting to buy the carrier now. The question I have is I am 6" 210lbs., I would think the L/XL size for me but wanted to make sure before I order? I read where the size is for plate size. Any help will be great!

I'm the same size as you and I wear a large with medium plates. Fits like a glove. Are you looking into the Land or Maritime? Both are nice but I'm a big fan of the latter.

trauma
02-05-11, 23:24
Im a 41" chest and run a Large SAPI. This all depends on the plates you want to run. Medium and Large SAPI'S are close in size, so could rum Mediums as well. Another thing to consider is what plate Sapi,Isapi,Esapi, all are a different thickness,ESAPI are 1" thick.

Travis B
02-05-11, 23:37
6'3" 200lb and I wear a large. They're adjustable to fit like a glove.

JSantoro
02-06-11, 21:21
L/XL PC w/ large plates, I'm thinking.

I'll wear LG stand-alone plates or MED plates with backers, myself.

Be aware that the Eagle PC doesn't have a height adjustment for the plates, so LG plates in that will sit at the bottom of the pocket. I cut a thick piece of closed-cell foam to stick in the bottom so that the top of the plate is at the top of the carrier.

This makes it so that I can wear the PC at the height it's supposed to be, instead of hiking it up to the point of strangulation so that the top of the plate is at the notch of my throat where it belongs.

No need for that with XL plates.