PDA

View Full Version : M&P9C Night Sights

payj
02-05-11, 22:59
I was wondering what you guys use? Also, since they come with the Novak cut do you have to stick with Novak night sights?

thx

willowofwisp
02-05-11, 23:30
Warren tactical, heinie, 10-8 sights, trijicon, ameriglo...first decide if you want a 2 dot or a 3 dot setup.

payj
02-06-11, 01:20
Is quality/reliability the same between all of these?

maximus83
02-07-11, 21:28
I probably mentioned this in your other thread about sights, but on my compact M&P 9, I use the Ameriglo 3-dot, with green front, yellow rear. I think the product # is SW-806.

Kool Aid
02-08-11, 08:52
I like the Trijicons I installed on my 9c. They installed pretty easily with a punch and some gentle tapping. The front sight needed a dab of Blue Loctite to keep it from drifting during shooting.

B.K.
02-08-11, 10:31
Almost every major sight company produces a set for the M&P. See if you can't find someone at the local range or store using the sights you want. Try them out and go from there. Many options out there for you!!

Seraph
02-08-11, 12:00
I'm now looking at this same "problem." I've just ordered an M&P9C w/ thumb safety, from G & R Tactical, for holster making purposes, and for my wife to carry. I'll need to get some tritium on it. Have been thinking about XS Big Dots, since my wife is familiar with them already (at least with the front sight, which is what is on her 640). I've never liked them, myself. Anyone have any thoughts about these, versus something with more of a notch, like the Warrens?

(Hope I'm not hijacking too badly, here.)

Magsz
02-08-11, 21:54
Seraph,

Big dots...suck...big...

Steer clear and get her something that actually works in all aspects of gun wielding whether it be competition, range plinking or..."gunfighting".

seabass
02-09-11, 01:03
I have used 3 dot sights for a very long time but wanted something that allowed more light up between the front sight blade.

I ended getting these Warren Tactical sights for my M&P .40

http://www.skdtac.com/Warren_Tactical_Sight_Tritium_2_Dot_Set_p/wrt.207.htm

I really like these sights. Quick for target acquisition.

Seraph
02-09-11, 09:30
Seraph,

Big dots...suck...big...

Steer clear and get her something that actually works in all aspects of gun wielding whether it be competition, range plinking or..."gunfighting".

I don't like them, either. My wife's not a "gun person," though, so I guess I'm just trying to resist pushing on her what I think should go on there. My personal inclination would be toward 10-8's or Warrens. She seems to like that big ass dot on the front of her 640 (which has no real rear sight, of course).