PDA

View Full Version : M1A Glass bedding

GastonG-NoVa
09-03-07, 21:24
Hey all,

I have a SA M1a SOCOM and have an incoming Mcmillian folding stock for it.

I was hoping someone knew a good M14 smith to get the rifle bedded.

Some place near Northern Va, would be a plus, not to be picky!!

Thanks

f.2
09-04-07, 06:03
I would suggest Clint McKee at Fulton Armory. They are in Savage, MD.

Hey all,

Thanks

Robb Jensen
09-14-07, 06:48
Hey all,

Thanks

Was Don (www.spuweapons.com) able to help you out?

mark5pt56
09-14-07, 07:03
FWIW, maybe just leave the thing stock and enjoy it for what it is. Don't take offense, but we tend to try and make things do what they weren't intended. What's one of the first things someone says when the stick has been beddded? "Don't take it apart, it'll mess up the bedding" "Ok, so I won't clean it then"
A team buddy of mine said that the plain jane M14's would work great, but most of the ones that had whoever's fingers on them, always didn't.

I would suggest to pick up a NM and fiddle with that. And find a good GI op rod, heat treated better.

Mark

condition 1
09-14-07, 10:07
Was Don (www.spuweapons.com) able to help you out?
good answer, I agree 100%, what did Mcmillian suggest ?

TOrrock
09-14-07, 10:49
FWIW, maybe just leave the thing stock and enjoy it for what it is. Don't take offense, but we tend to try and make things do what they weren't intended. What's one of the first things someone says when the stick has been beddded? "Don't take it apart, it'll mess up the bedding" "Ok, so I won't clean it then"
A team buddy of mine said that the plain jane M14's would work great, but most of the ones that had whoever's fingers on them, always didn't.

I would suggest to pick up a NM and fiddle with that. And find a good GI op rod, heat treated better.

Mark

What Mark said.....I kind of think you're defeating the purpose of the rifle by bedding it...