PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on BCM 16" SS410 Middy

hunter123
02-07-11, 01:16
I have a new BCM 16" lightweight midlength BFH upper and love it for plinking and running hard.I just got rid of my 20"govt. profile FN upper.I used it for hunting and target shooting from 100 to 300 yards.I just want something a bit shorter and lighter.I'm thinking of getting the 16"SS410 middy to replace it.I will eventually add a FF rail to gain more accuracy.I will use the same lower that I used for the 20".It has a Cav Arms C1 stock on it.My 20" upper was very accurate(1.75 MOA).My main questions here are:

1)Will this be more accurate than the 20" govt. profile upper?

2)Will it balance well with the Cav Arms C1 stock?

3)Will it shoot the 69 to 77 grain loads accurately with the 1/8 twist?

Anyone that owns one of these,please let me know what you think of it.

MistWolf
02-07-11, 03:11
I have a new BCM 16" lightweight midlength BFH upper and love it for plinking and running hard.I just got rid of my 20"govt. profile FN upper.I used it for hunting and target shooting from 100 to 300 yards.I just want something a bit shorter and lighter.I'm thinking of getting the 16"SS410 middy to replace it.I will eventually add a FF rail to gain more accuracy.I will use the same lower that I used for the 20".It has a Cav Arms C1 stock on it.My 20" upper was very accurate(1.75 MOA).My main questions here are:

1)Will this be more accurate than the 20" govt. profile upper?

2)Will it balance well with the Cav Arms C1 stock?

3)Will it shoot the 69 to 77 grain loads accurately with the 1/8 twist?

Anyone that owns one of these,please let me know what you think of it.

Barrel length does not determine accuracy. Best balance point for a rifle is a personal thing. What works for one person may be horribly off for another. The only way to determine if it'll improve balance is to try it. Each barrel is a law unto itself. The only way to determine if the barrel will shoot any bullet to an acceptable degree of accuracy is to shoot it

justin_247
02-07-11, 03:27
You should e-mail Robb Jensen / gotm4. He has pretty extensive experience with this platform.

hunter123
02-07-11, 21:05
Thanks.