PDA

View Full Version : Colt Warranty Service

WGG
02-07-11, 10:33
Just received an LE6920 from an internet dealer and realized after accepting it that it has a 1/2 by 1/8 inch scratch on the barrel that is right down to the metal. I called Colt today and they said I could send it in and it would take 60 to 90 days for them to repair and return it.

For those of you who have had warranty repairs with Colt does that turn around time seem right? I thought I read somewhere that Colt handled warranty repairs fairly quickly.

.45fmjoe
02-07-11, 10:37
It will take about 30 days to replace the barrel, test fire it and return it to you. It will be done right. That being said, I would just spray it with G98 CLP and run the hell out of it. Eventually your brass deflector will match that scratch.

WGG
02-10-11, 14:03
.45fmjoe

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. The 6920 will eventually get a lot of scratches so I decided to fix it myself. I did a little more research an found an old thread where Robb Jensen suggested using B&C Aluminum Black. I applied it to the scratch and then coated it liberally with CLP. I am pleased with the results.