PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the new Wilson mags?

Bushytale
09-04-07, 01:14
Wilson Combat has a new generation mag. Only seen pictures and it looks some what like a variation of the Tripp and the Novak/PSI mag bodies. Anyone actually have them? Probably not from what I just read on 10-8 in the 1911 forum.

Billy

Joseywales
09-05-07, 20:42
Nope. Nothing mentioned on their site either.

RD62
09-05-07, 20:57
I've seen the in pictures, none in person. I don't think they've been released yet. They look nice. My 47D's have worked fine for me, so maybe with a new model, the price of the 47D's will come down some. :D

I have to say though, that while I have been happy with my Wilson mags, I recently picked up some CMC 8 rounders to give them a try. I have been equally as happy with them, and they are almost half as much. So I can get twice as many!

-RD62

Bushytale
09-05-07, 20:57
The new mag is up on the W/C website now. It is called the ETM or elite tactical magazine.

Razoreye
09-05-07, 21:40
I thought 47Ds were supposed to be pretty good? I bought some knockoffs at the funshow knowing they'd suck. Wouldn't you know, they're jammoholics. :D 20 bucks not well spent!

RD62
09-06-07, 07:03
I thought 47Ds were supposed to be pretty good?

Mine have been. But I'm starting to think that the CMC's represent a better value for the money.

I'll probably pick up a few of the new Wilson's when I see them, to give them a try.

-RD62

toddackerman
09-10-07, 10:57
I've only seen the pics, but they look very nice.

I started using the 7 round #47 back in the late 70's when Rogers/ Wilson came out with the design. They have been infallible in 5 different 1911's including Colt and Springfield. I have had no reason to change, and have occaisionally replced the spring and followers, although I've never had a follower wear out. It was just easier to buy the spring/ follower package from Wilson directly. I will probably just go to Wolff from now only for springs.

I have a few #47D's (8 rounders) and they occaisionally gave me some feeding problems so I don't use them for any "Serious Work". This has also been noted by several others including folks like Clint Smith at Gunsite.

If you read the advertising, you will see that they increased the mag length a little to better facilitate 8 round reliability. When I saw that, I knew that I wasn't just imagining that the 8 rounders may have an issue, and yes I know there are many who have the Wilson 8 rounders and haven't had any issues.

As far as any of the other features...

The numbering is nice, and the floor plate is different, but not sure if it was needed other than to increase mag internal dimensions for 8 rounds. They mention that the lips have been redesigned so as not to "Spread". I have never had any issues with spreading of the lips on Wilson mags that have been fully loaded for months before using them.

As with all new things, time will tell.

Tack

Sry0fcr
09-10-07, 12:57
They look very similar to the ACTMAG/NOVAK or Tripp mags. Too bad they're still using those plastic followers that wear down over time. I like the ACTMAGS and CMC Powermags myself.