PDA

View Full Version : Dominion Shooting Range- Richmond VA

Jellybean
02-07-11, 15:55
Just wanted to throw out a quick recommend to Dominion Shooting Range in Richmond.

I used them as a transfer FFL for my recent AR online purchase. Unless someone else knows another place, currently they have the cheapest transfer fees around- $25 + $3 for BG check.

I have also been visiting the range since approx. 2008, and they are generally very friendly and helpful folks- especially Eric (?). Just look for the chubby jolly guy, and you're GtG. :D
I can't speak for their level of technical knowledge in regard to some of the folks here. After all they are a gun shop ...
That being said, the fellow I mentioned was the first person who didn't give me a blank look or stupid comment when I mentioned DD and BCM.

The range is indoor, 25 yds., pistol only- although they do accept shotguns. They also have a pretty good selection of rentals as well- most modern handguns in major calibers, as well as shotguns, and a couple 9mm carbines. They also rent full auto SMG's...:dance3:
Fees can be seen on their home page.
The only drawback is you have to buy their ammo...:(

Not a real huge selection of firearms/accessories for sale, but with such a good transfer price, probably not that big a deal.

Site is here: http://www.dominionshootingrange.com/

TOrrock
02-07-11, 16:57
My first job when I was 16 was working as the range rat on that range, at the time it was called The Firing Line.

I worked with Eric twenty years ago at another shop, he's a good guy.