PDA

View Full Version : Garage Inventory

Heavyweight
02-08-11, 14:03
I'm sure a lot of you professionals know exactly what kind of "parts inventory" you have on hand at any given time. Me, I'm just a hobbyist who's been buying, upgrading or building ARs for about 10 years. And I like tinkering with them almost as much as shooting them. I usually don't have more than two ARs at any given point in time and my wife has been on my ass to clean out my parts bins that I have stacked up in the workshop setup in my garage. Takes up a lot of space I guess. Well, I went through it all last Sunday and here is what I found:

-3 CMT LPKs new in package
-1 CMT upper receiver
-1 CMT MPI tested full auto BCG I bought a while back from Bravo
-2 CMT upper parts kits new in package
-2 complete milspec m4 buffer tube/extension kits
-3 Carbine weight buffers
-2 H buffers
-1 H3 buffer
-1 Wilson 11.5" barrel, chrome lined
-1 Bushmaster 14.5" non-chrome barrel
-1 Timney drop in trigger
-6 A2 flash hiders
-1 Vortex flash hider
-2 M4 style barrel extensions
-2 barrel nuts
-3 A2 style FSBs
-3 carbine length gas tubes
-4 A2 pistol grips
-3 standard black m4 stocks
-4 sets black carbine length forearms w/ heatshields
-1 MOE stock, OD green
-1 MOE grip, OD green
-1 MOE carbine forearms, OD green
-more misc. springs, pins, and screws than could be counted

And this is only the AR related stuff! I buy stuff when it goes on sale even if I don't need it and it goes into the bin. When I upgrade parts on a gun the originals go in the bin. Well, I consolidated everything into fewer bins to make the wife think I'd actually done something and then promptly ordered a lower so I can build an SBR! Shit.....$80 plus the $200 for the tax stamp feels like I'm getting it for free! I dare say I've also got enough 1911 parts (minus the frames) to put together two complete guns with some good custom features!

The point from this horrendously drawn out post is that if you are a tinkerer like me and haven't looked through your bins in a while, take a look....you'll be shocked. I know I was!

Stay Safe!

Heavyweight

1_click_off
02-08-11, 14:18
I would be careful with that one item you have in your list...... Might even remove it from your location. Don't want the words "Constructive intent" to pop up before you have your stamp.

02-08-11, 14:29
He doesn't have a lower yet, and even if he did, it's no biggie. He actually does have intent and his paperwork sent in to the ATF would prove it.;) He isn't trying to hide anything. He has an extremely, extremely low probability of any issues. This has been discussed many times.

Heavyweight
02-08-11, 14:47
I would be careful with that one item you have in your list...... Might even remove it from your location. Don't want the words "Constructive intent" to pop up before you have your stamp.

I appreciate the concern brother.....my FFL buddy will hold my lower until I get my stamp in a few months.

1_click_off
02-08-11, 15:38
He doesn't have a lower yet, and even if he did, it's no biggie. He actually does have intent and his paperwork sent in to the ATF would prove it.;) He isn't trying to hide anything. He has an extremely, extremely low probability of any issues. This has been discussed many times.

You are correct. Don't want to poke that sleeping giant in the corner.

Ilove2shoot
02-08-11, 21:09
I do not even wanna think about the misc gun stuff I have around.....maybe I should and then I'll be able to get a 2nd car in my 2 car garage.

Jim243
02-09-11, 00:29
3 standard black m4 stocks

Are you considering selling one?

Spiffums
02-09-11, 07:40
I love "Constructive intent"......... if it was more wide spread we would all have speeding tickets because we own a car that will break some posted limit somewhere. :haha:

Evil Bert
02-09-11, 09:59
Not trying to derail the thread, but "Constructive Intent" is pretty weak in my opinion. Just because someone has an NFA length barrel laying around doesn't mean they intend on breaking the law by attaching it without the proper paperwork, etc. Just like the car analogy. Just because I own a car and I could speed with that car, doesn't mean I will speed. My grandparents will NOT go over the speed limit. My grandfather will have a fit if you go even 1MPH over the limit. I am not joking.

It seems to me the invention of "constructive intent" was created in an effort to thwart the potential of having people with SBR components readily available in the unlikely even one of them decides to put it together and go pull a Columbine, Virginia Tech, etc.

Which we all know that someone who has intent on committing a criminal act with any firearm certainly will not care about constructive intent. Or any other law for that matter. :no:

Heavyweight
02-09-11, 10:04
Are you considering selling one?

PM Sent......

Heavyweight