PDA

View Full Version : Is it common for EMags not to drop free?

usmc51
02-08-11, 19:57
I have done a bit of research and most of it says the EMags drop free. However, I have been using the ones Nick sent me for my pre-deployment shooting package and they are all 100% reliable, they just don't drop free from my 416 when empty. Is this normal? It isn't really a problem, yet, it's just an inconvenience and I'm taking a lot of flak for it from some of the instructors. I've got my Brownell's magazines with Magpul followers that I will probably have to swap tomorrow.

NickB
02-08-11, 23:29
I have done a bit of research and most of it says the EMags drop free. However, I have been using the ones Nick sent me for my pre-deployment shooting package and they are all 100% reliable, they just don't drop free from my 416 when empty. Is this normal? It isn't really a problem, yet, it's just an inconvenience and I'm taking a lot of flak for it from some of the instructors. I've got my Brownell's magazines with Magpul followers that I will probably have to swap tomorrow.

Not common, but we have seen it happen. The HK 416 mag well is extremely tight, and seems to have inconsistencies depending on how old the weapon is. If you look at the magazine body, you should see shiny spots where the friction is causing them not to drop free...if you take some sand paper or a file to the body, it shouldn't take much at all to fix the issue. Can you send me an email on this directly so we can figure this out?