PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a new BCG

Evil Bert
02-10-11, 13:38
My live-in accountant/mother of my children has afforded me a budget of $200 for a BCG for a new build. I can go a little bit over that if necessary. I am already considering the BCM BCG with and without the Ionbond. But I am also considering a few other options. Well, I am actually open to some other options like LMT enhanced, etc. It would be for a 16" BCM Carbine.

I was wondering I could get some help picking out the very best complete BCG option for that price range of $200+/-

Whootsinator
02-10-11, 13:40
The standard BCM Auto BCG will serve you just fine. If you don't know exactly why you would need any fancy coating to do your job, I assure you that you don't need any fancy coating.

SA80Dan
02-10-11, 13:50
I agree.....if you are on a budget, get the stock BCM BCG and spend the left over $60 on something else, IMO.

ssracer
02-10-11, 13:51
Another vote for BCM...I'm running one and have had no issues from it

02-10-11, 13:52
BCM and tell the wife about how you saved $. May be a few brownie points in there.:) Then tell her you want to apply the $ to the training fund.

ucrt
02-10-11, 14:09
PM sent.

Evil Bert
02-10-11, 14:14
Yeah but i like how the ionbond coating absorbs the oil and extends the lifespan of the lubrication. But the ionbond is OOS. What about using the BM Carrier with the LMT enhanced bolt. I believe that would make a superb combination.

On saving the money, the wife is liek the government. If she gives me a budget of $200 and I spend only $140, she takes back the $60 and it goes into the vacation fund or something like that. Then next time she will only give me $140. So it is like spend it or lose it with her. I'm not complaining as I have never had so much money in my life until after I married her.

I have been leaning towards the BCM and then spending the $60 on a BAD-ASS.

Icculus
02-10-11, 14:17
In that case since you don't want to waste money on shipping from 2 different vendors may I suggest the BCM bcg and a Gunfighter ch

g5m
02-10-11, 14:20
Will this one do:

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=BCG-LMT&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DSALE

The Ar15 is apparently still available.

kermit4161
02-10-11, 14:22
Take a look at Spike's Tactical Nickel Boron BCG. It is done by FailZero...

B Cart
02-10-11, 14:24
I upgraded my BCG to a BCM and have loved it. I agree with the BCM BCG and the gunfighter charging handle combo

5pins
02-10-11, 14:43
BCM, DD, or LMT. Any of them will do nicely.

Mega
02-10-11, 15:43
http://gallery.me.com/kevinfarrell/100158/cqbr-003/web.jpg

Quiet-Matt
02-10-11, 15:47
DD or BCM are my vote

glocktogo
02-10-11, 16:29
I went with the IonBond BCM and love it, but I shoot FA with it. For a semi I'd opt for the std BCM BCG.

lt211
02-10-11, 16:57
LMT Standard Full-Auto Bolt Carrier Group Complete, 5.56 129.00
LMT Charging Handle Assembly, Tactical 47.60

Direct from LMT......in stock + shipping right below 200

usafmsgtret
02-10-11, 18:43
BCG=BCM

Evil Bert
02-10-11, 18:56
I kinda knew the answer I would get from most everyone. I have the BCM at the top of the list. The LMT, BCM, DD, CMT, Noveske are all within the same ball park, so If I had to choose one those I would choose BCM to go with my BCM upper. Just make sense to me.

Thanks for the help in convincing me, however slight. :agree:

Lucky Strike
02-10-11, 20:33
I have a BCM that I had ionbonded after I bought it. You don't need the ionbond but it makes cleaning the thing SOOO much easier. You could wipe the carbon off with a dry paper towel.

BrigandTwoFour
02-10-11, 20:40
BCM

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_PG0cl3lhC3M/TVQctotiN8I/AAAAAAAAAM4/zPkI0-G8o4M/s640/DSC_0857.JPG

ssracer
02-10-11, 20:48
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5010/5371313247_265dbafb2c_z.jpg

payj
02-10-11, 21:05
As others have stated bcm, dd, lmt are all gtg. If you wanted something a little different and fancier you could get a young manufacturing national match through Rainier, which will be staked. I have one and have been happy with it....

Hop
02-10-11, 21:22
Take a look at Spike's Tactical Nickel Boron BCG. It is done by FailZero...

Hmm... AIM has a few in stock for $225. I've been thinking about getting one to replace my hard chrome RRA bolt.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XST5BG03&name=Spikes+Tactical+Nickel+Boron+M16+Bolt+Carrier+Group&groupid=150

jetspeed8
02-11-11, 08:43
How about this one?

http://www.adxtactical.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1509&idcategory=0

Evil Bert
02-11-11, 13:47
Okay so after doing the spousal unit a few favors etc, I have increased the budget to $500..:meeting:

So here is what I plan on getting with that money.

BCM BCG FA - $140
VLTOR A5 system - $105
B.A.D.-A.S.S. + Geissele SSA combo - $217
BCM GFCH - $47

With shipping and everything it comes to $517.

Everything will go on my SR-15 upper rifle and the BCG & CH will go on the BCM Carbine upper. The lower for the BCM carbine has a DD LPK which comes with a very nice trigger for an LPK anyway.

So my SR15 will have the B.A.D. and the Geissele SSA trigger placed into the SPike's lower.

The BCM Carbine will be on a BM lower I had laying around until I can get my hands on blemished Noveske or BCM. Or a new one at a show or something, which I never ever see at the shows.

I do not want to order a BCM or Noveske lower online only to have to pay $50 for the FFL fees. But few dealers in my area carry quality products.

Funny thing - I went to a dealer a few weeks ago and him and I were talking and I asked him how business was and he said slow. I asked why he thinks business is slow. He wasn't sure but relegated it the economy. I said well I can't find any of the stuff I need online right now because everything I need is out of stock here or there and I would spend a fortune on shipping if I buy from various sites. He then asked me why I by online when he has everything I need and it is in stock.

Uh oh... I'm quite at this point. And he has a smirk on his face which quickly subsided when I told him the truth. I said because I want the quality products. You don't carry the lines form mfrs such as BCM, DD, CMT, Noveske, LMT, etc. He then proceeded he carries Stag, and I just looked at him. He knew exactly what I was thinking so I didn't need to say it.

He concluded that if he were to carry those lines in his store nobody would buy them since they are more expensive. I agreed, so I said just carry one of them. Go with LMT. But i also said, start carrying more Magpul and lose the UTG crap. It may "look" cool, but it is junk. Start carrying Gearsector, VLTOR, DD, LaRue, etc. I said you have EOTech and Aimpoint, but no quality QD mounts. People want a one stop shop. You do tis and you will corner the market here with members of the LE/Mil and hobbyists like me.

Then I would be buying from you. Me and a lot of others. So we'll see if it goes anywhere. Probably not. But he can't say nobody told him.

Icculus
02-11-11, 14:49
Congrats on your purchase and good luck with the discussion you had with your local vendor. My guess is it won't make much difference because just like my local shop they probably sell a ton of DPMSs, Judge's, etc., and are making money doing it. :rolleyes:

Hence why I got a box in the mail from DSG today; hopefully a box from Bravo Company on Monday and getting ready to put in an order with G&R today;)

Evil Bert
02-11-11, 17:16
Yeah I just got a box from DSG yesterday and built my lower at my desk while in conference calls. The only thing I couldn't do at the desk was the two roll pins. so I had to wait till I was done working to install the bolt catch and the Magpul enhanced aluminum trigger guard.

leibermuster
02-20-11, 12:44
Too bring back this thread...

I ordered a Spike's Tactical Nickel Boron M16 BCG for my "Shrubmaster":) and a few other upgrades from Larue... figured i should give some love to Shruby now and then...