PDA

View Full Version : Noveske Gas Tube Install NOT GOING GOOD HELP NEEDED.

md519
02-10-11, 22:03
So, trying to get the gas tube into the block. NOT F'N WORKING. I scrapped the one that came with my barrel, luckily I had a spare on hand. It's a pistol length tube going into a .750 gas block. Noveske Block, sitting on a Noveske Diplomat Barrel, going into a Noveske N4 upper.

What am I doing wrong. This thing is being a g-d bi7ch. Tried lubing it up with CLP, no obstructions in the block and everything has been lubed up.

Short of banging it in and deforming the tube, what do I do.

Iraqgunz
02-10-11, 22:36
Can you post some pics?

So, trying to get the gas tube into the block. NOT F'N WORKING. I scrapped the one that came with my barrel, luckily I had a spare on hand. It's a pistol length tube going into a .750 gas block. Noveske Block, sitting on a Noveske Diplomat Barrel, going into a Noveske N4 upper.

What am I doing wrong. This thing is being a g-d bi7ch. Tried lubing it up with CLP, no obstructions in the block and everything has been lubed up.

Short of banging it in and deforming the tube, what do I do.

Atticus_1354
02-10-11, 22:51
Do you have a pair of calipers to make some comparative measurements?

MarkG
02-10-11, 22:54
How far is it going in? Insert it and mark the tube with a magic marker. Remove it then hold it up on the outside to see where the obstruction is occurring. Could it be a burr at the front of the gas port?

md519
02-11-11, 00:03
Got it in, heated it up a little, packed some lithium grease in there, gripped back end (wrapped in a towel) with vice grips and jammed/wiggled it in.