PDA

View Full Version : Ranger plates for M&P magazines?

scootle
02-11-11, 12:13
Do ranger plates for M&P magazines exist? Just curious... I've never used them on a pistol magazine, but they seem inexpensive enough to test out if they are available.

I know they are readily available for Glock magazines, so I could probably get some for that platform and test drive them there on my Glock 19.

Pros/cons in general to ranger plates on pistol magazines? I have ranger plates on my "shortie" (Kalifornia) PMAGs and I really like them, mostly since 10-round mags in the AR have very little purchase for handling.

Thanks!

B.K.
02-11-11, 12:26
I've seen them for the Glocks like you said but I would like to see someone try a set out on M&P magazines.

scootle
02-11-11, 22:34
I've seen them for the Glocks like you said but I would like to see someone try a set out on M&P magazines.

I'm actually moderately surprised there doesn't seem to be a product from Magpul yet, given that the Magpul boys all like the M&P.

We'll see I guess. That said, I'm not positive that I can even disassemble my blocked CA-legal M&P mags to install a 3rd party plate. It might have to be some kind of slip-on design to work properly.

Oh well. :(

DaBigBR
02-11-11, 23:01
The only replacement plates I have seen for the M&P are the Arredondo extended ones and the aluminum ones.

Steve S.
02-12-11, 01:54
The only replacement plates I have seen for the M&P are the Arredondo extended ones and the aluminum ones.

The Arredondo will clear most mag pouches so they work just as well. if they dont just add some paper towel in the bottom of the pouch to push it up.

the other plus on the arredondos is that you can do the old SF "mag pull" with some duct tape and paracord. you could do it with the factory ones but i dont know that it would stay. the extensions give an area to wrap the tape onto itself and not interfere with the magwell.

DaBigBR
02-12-11, 05:02
The Arredondo will clear most mag pouches so they work just as well. if they dont just add some paper towel in the bottom of the pouch to push it up.

the other plus on the arredondos is that you can do the old SF "mag pull" with some duct tape and paracord. you could do it with the factory ones but i dont know that it would stay. the extensions give an area to wrap the tape onto itself and not interfere with the magwell.

+1

The added rounds aren't going to hurt, either.