PDA

View Full Version : Best belt for 3gun?

amac
02-12-11, 08:42
What are most people using for their 3gun belt? I just received an inner/outer belt from USGG and I'm not sure if the rigidness is adequate. I'm not looking for the high dollar 3gun set up from CR, but do want to settle on a belt that will hold what I need, without sag.

So, what are some good belts?

Robb Jensen
02-12-11, 08:53
What are most people using for their 3gun belt? I just received an inner/outer belt from USGG and I'm not sure if the rigidness is adequate. I'm not looking for the high dollar 3gun set up from CR, but do want to settle on a belt that will hold what I need, without sag.

So, what are some good belts?

I use a CR Speed belt which is a few years old. I need a new best and will probably buy a new Double Alpha Academy belt.

ROCKET20_GINSU
02-12-11, 10:18
Alot of guys around here are running the ELS system from safariland. The system is really cool because of how modular it is. You can take caddys or magazine pouches on and off to tailor your load to each stage. However, it is a bit expensive to set up in the beginning.

GU

novashooter
02-12-11, 15:26
CR Speed is the way to go.

Jesse Tischauser
02-13-11, 08:25
For 3 gun I use a CR Speed Inner and a Double Alpha outer. The double alpha inner is thin and flimsy so I role it up and leave in my bag in case I forget my CR Speed inner which I do all to frequently. The double alpha outer has a really firm insert in it so it's very rigid. Its an expensive combination but so is shooting 3 gun. I also like the double alpha belt keepers better because they are longer.

I have tried a wilderness tactical instructors belt and it's OK but is too damn difficult to change out gear between stages without dropping your pants. The Instructor style belts are the most secure though. No chance of snagging it on a prop and ripping it off like can happen with a inner/outer Velcro setups.

I thought about getting that ELS system but damn it's expensive and you gotta place everything exactly where they have those prepositioned holes. I like more flexibility.

I also keep some nylon zip ties in my range bag to firmly attach my inner belt to my outer belt when I gotta lot of tight spaces to manuever. Having your belt ripped off would be bad!

HK_Shooter_03
02-13-11, 08:30
For 3 gun I use a CR Speed Inner and
I also keep sone nylon zip ties in my range bag to firmly attach my inner belt to my outer belt when I gotta lot of tight spaces to manuever. Have your belt ripped off would be bad!

Yep!

I do the same thing with a piece of velcro that wraps around the entire belt.

There's a YT video of a guy who got DQed (or came close to it, I forgot) because he lost his belt pushing a cart through a door.

Robb Jensen
02-13-11, 08:36
Interesting Jesse. My CR Speed belt is about 4-5yrs old. I've seen the newer CRs and the inner belts are really thin. This is why I was wondering should I buy another CR Speed belt or try something else. I might try the Safariland ELS but it probably won't work with my five 4 shell Man Mountain Eng shotshell caddies. I use a Redi-Tac dropped offset holster and Comp Tac mag pouches. I also use a tab of velcro to keep the inner belt together and a longer tab of velcro to hold the outer belt together and connected to the inner belt. My belt is so worn that unless I do that it'll fall off or come undone.

Jesse Tischauser
02-13-11, 09:31
Interesting Jesse. My CR Speed belt is about 4-5yrs old. I've seen the newer CRs and the inner belts are really thin. This is why I was wondering should I buy another CR Speed belt or try something else. I might try the Safariland ELS but it probably won't work with my five 4 shell Man Mountain Eng shotshell caddies. I use a Redi-Tac dropped offset holster and Comp Tac mag pouches. I also use a tab of velcro to keep the inner belt together and a longer tab of velcro to hold the outer belt together and connected to the inner belt. My belt is so worn that unless I do that it'll fall off or come undone.

My 2 DA and 4 CR belts are less than 2 years old. The inner CR is definately a better inner than the DA inner. The DA inner is suprisingly thin. The CR outer isn't bad. It's actually really good which is why I use CR's for pistol only matches. The DA outer is just a lot stiffer sobi like it more. If I only had $50 I'd buy a CR speed and call it good.

uscbigdawg
02-26-11, 12:15
I'm with Jesse. I played with a DA belt and tossed it. The CR belts are just way more durable and better thought out.

Rich

SA80Dan
02-26-11, 21:48
I use a 5 stitch Wilderness Tactical belt. All of my stuff (pistol holster, mag holders and shotshell caddies (Otto's) are on Bladetech Tekloks - so it is pretty simple to reconfigure without undoing your belt. I use a bit of rubber tape inside the tekloks - keeps them from sliding on the belt.

uscbigdawg
02-26-11, 22:29
I like the rubber tape idea.

Rich

FishingFool
03-05-11, 21:14
Current setup is on a backwards uncle mike's belt.