PDA

View Full Version : HK45C in use by the SEALS? Any info or pics?

The Dumb Gun Collector
02-12-11, 17:52
My guess from reading G3K's earlier posts is that they are using the AAC 45 TiRant (probably S) and Heinie sights.

Does anyone know which light and laser they are using?

Anyone seen one out in the wild?

Kevin P
02-12-11, 18:02
I heard they were using the crimson trace that mounts to the trigger guard and that it is an IR laser. I do not know if this info has any validity or not, just what I heard.

wesprt
02-12-11, 18:07
http://soldiersystems.net/2010/09/13/ctc-defense-laser-sight-selected-by-crane/

CTC Defense Laser Sight Selected by Crane

CTC Defense, a division of Crimson Trace Corporation, has been selected by the Crane Division of Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC Crane) to supply the versatile LGD-645 Laserguard infrared laser sighting system for the Heckler and Koch HK45C handgun carried by members of Naval Special Warfare. This contract represents a significant number of Laserguards to be delivered over the span of 3 years and came after a considerable co-development effort between NSWC Crane and CTC Defense.

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/HK_45C_sm-430x430.jpg

The LGD-645 is a rugged, waterproof and compact laser sighting device that attaches to the trigger guard of the HK handgun, offering instinctive activation of the IR laser onto the target

“CTC Defense is honored with the opportunity to take part in the process of conceiving, developing, and bringing to market, a completely new tool for today’s Warfighter”, said Dale Suzuki, Director of CTC Defense. “The CTC Defense team rapidly developed a product that adapts the latest laser sighting technology to solve issues of enhanced readiness, versatility, adaptability and simplicity with a product that, simply put, will save lives,” he added.

“CTC Defense is very pleased to have been selected by NSWC Crane to supply the LGD-645 infrared laser sights,” said Lane Tobiassen, President of Crimson Trace. “This competitive contract win validates our capabilities to rapidly co-develop, design and deliver critical equipment for today’s Warfighter,” he added.

I asked a SEAL who retired a couple of years ago what he used the most and he said 226's or a USP Compact .45... This is probably newer than that. Didn't you have a big thread a year back or so about the Navy picking up HK45c's?

The Dumb Gun Collector
02-12-11, 18:19
Yeah. I was just wondering what had developed since the announcement.

S-1
02-12-11, 19:17
Greg, this is the only (crappy) picture that I have seen of them. You probably won't see many sightings of the HKs, because from what I understand, it was a relatively small contract (400-500 pistols) and the guys that have them tend to be a little camera shy.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1688/hk45caac.jpg

FChen17213
02-12-11, 20:35
I apologize in advance is I am utterly wrong, but that pistol looks a bit large to be the HK45c. I think it looks like a MK23 to me. I have no clue how old that picture is.

F-Trooper05
02-12-11, 23:00
I apologize in advance is I am utterly wrong, but that pistol looks a bit large to be the HK45c. I think it looks like a MK23 to me. I have no clue how old that picture is.

No, that's definitely either an HK45C or possibly an HK45. You can tell by the way the front of the slide is tapered. Plus you can sort of see the picatinny rail.

BH375
02-12-11, 23:07

I may be wrong, but I think the picture is new(er) but staged. Why? First, the operator is wearing Multicam AND appears to have a Manta strobe on his helmet. Those two things together puts it in the last two years or so--i.e., not that old. Second, the operator is shooting with NVGs on/down in full daylight--something that just wouldn't happen. Once he hits a certain point in the dawn to daylight period (assuming it's not dusk out), he's going to flip his NVGs up, but he's unlikely to have them down as bright as it appears out. Finally, and this is 'nit-picky," but his NVGs appear completely out of alignment with the pistol, whether there's a laser on it or not; my guess is it would be hard to make an accurate shot the way he's lined up in the pic.

Just my first 30 seconds of looking at it...

TR1
02-12-11, 23:21
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/_TR1/th_HK45C.jpg (http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/_TR1/HK45C.jpg)
Click to enlarge

Hope this helps as to the identification of the pistol. The image S-1 posted is from the S&S Precision 2011 Catalog.

TR1

BWT
02-12-11, 23:51
I may be wrong, but I think the picture is new(er) but staged. Why? First, the operator is wearing Multicam AND appears to have a Manta strobe on his helmet. Those two things together puts it in the last two years or so--i.e., not that old. Second, the operator is shooting with NVGs on/down in full daylight--something that just wouldn't happen. Once he hits a certain point in the dawn to daylight period (assuming it's not dusk out), he's going to flip his NVGs up, but he's unlikely to have them down as bright as it appears out. Finally, and this is 'nit-picky," but his NVGs appear completely out of alignment with the pistol, whether there's a laser on it or not; my guess is it would be hard to make an accurate shot the way he's lined up in the pic.

Just my first 30 seconds of looking at it...

The Ti-Rant's have only been out for about a year, year and a half. Maybe approaching two.

The Ti-Rant S, less then that I'd imagine.

Hate to say it, alot of that apparel looks like what Remington employees normally wear (in their gear photos, etc.)

If it wasn't for the gun on his back, I'd be just about certain that was an Remington Employee.

But I'm a nobody, honestly, I am. Just observing.

FChen17213
02-13-11, 00:43
Yeah, that's definitely either an HK45 or HK45c....still difficult to tell though. Does anyone know what kind of can the guy is running? Also, it is a recent photo due to the above mentioned replies.