PDA

View Full Version : New Shooter

TXBob
02-12-11, 20:59
Hi, my name is Bob and I own a Bushmaster (one without all the x's)

I have repented my ways and built my rifle "up to spec" thanks to the info here. IT still has a Bushmaster roll mark and that is about it.

I'm really angry with the guys in the handgun forum because they made me decide to switch to a 9mm over a 45. I'll never be able to show my face in public again. Mainly because I'll actually have enough ammo to be practising more! :D

I'm here because anything worth learning is worth leaning correctly so bruises and all I'm trying to soak it up as much as I can. Hopefully everyone will be patient with my incessant questions. I use search function early and often.

First off, now that I may be off to buy that son of a motherless goat pistol known as a "Glock" is there anything that can be done about its grip? It feels smooth. Smooth is bad. I'd like to give the 17/19 a try as it comes highly recommend from the above mentioned hoodlums. My other choice is M&P. I like how it feels, but I'm going to shoot it first with the glock.

ALso any in the DFW area with leads on good trainers for AR/Handgun gimme a shout. Also good local dealers for gear. I tried to spend $2500 on a rifle today but no one had time to sell it to me at the gun show.

ucrt
02-12-11, 21:06
.....First off, now that I may be off to buy that son of a motherless goat pistol known as a "Glock" is there anything that can be done about its grip? It feels smooth. Smooth is bad. I'd like to give the 17/19 a try as it comes highly recommend from the above mentioned hoodlums. My other choice is M&P. I like how it feels, but I'm going to shoot it first with the glock.

ALso any in the DFW area with leads on good trainers for AR/Handgun gimme a shout. Also good local dealers for gear. I tried to spend $2500 on a rifle today but no one had time to sell it to me at the gun show.

=======================================

Welcome.

I've seen a "large rubber band" that fits around the Glock grip to give it a tactile surface and a lot of guys here stipple them with soldering iron or wood burning irons. I've done neither...yet ...but I'll probably do a light stipple in certain areas. There are several threads here about stippling.

What rifle were you trying to buy for $2500???:confused:

TXBob
02-12-11, 21:14
LMT in 308. (AR Platform). We just got our quarter bonuses and I've always wanted to step up to a quality 308 AR or M1A.

Another guy had some custom bolt guns that were pretty. I have an old 300 Mag in a rem 700 long action that I thought would be the start of an very nice long range rifle. Cost would have been about the same (2400). However, The dealer was to busy talking to his bud (in both cases). Thousands of shoppers, but it was tough to find a seller today.

Redhat
02-12-11, 21:44
Welcome aboard!

For your Glock grips look at Decal Grips. The stick on and can be easily removed. There are others but that is what I am currently using.

Jay Cunningham
02-21-11, 22:46
First off, now that I may be off to buy that son of a motherless goat pistol known as a "Glock" is there anything that can be done about its grip? It feels smooth. Smooth is bad. I'd like to give the 17/19 a try as it comes highly recommend from the above mentioned hoodlums. My other choice is M&P. I like how it feels, but I'm going to shoot it first with the glock.

Grip tape (like skaters use) works wonders on poly framed handguns. They make some custom fancy versions for your specific model as well. Stippling is an option, but this is a permanent change to the frame.