PDA

View Full Version : BCM Bolt Assembly vs Noveske Bolt Assembly

TedG
02-13-11, 10:03
I read the various threads about the BCGs and their differences. Between BCM and Noveske, the main differences is that BCM tests every bolt and Noveske batch-tests. Additionally, the extractor set-ups are different: coil count and insert colors, blue vs black.

My question is: if I can use either BCG in my personal defense rifle, is one better than the other? I own an N4 (defense) and a BCM 20" rifle (range). I could exchange BCGs if warranted.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

nimdabew
02-13-11, 10:21
Can't go wrong with either. Just take the extractor out, if it is a 5 coil, black insert then you are good. If 3 coil, blue insert, go get a 5 dollar BCM extractor upgrade kit. As far as the bolts themselves, if your noveske bolt breaks within 1000 rounds, send it back. I am sure that they would be happy to get you a new one.

FWIW, I have three BCM F/A BCGs. No failures and over 11k rounds through them collectivly.

Iraqgunz
02-13-11, 16:21
You have nothing to fear from a Noveske BCG.

I read the various threads about the BCGs and their differences. Between BCM and Noveske, the main differences is that BCM tests every bolt and Noveske batch-tests. Additionally, the extractor set-ups are different: coil count and insert colors, blue vs black.

My question is: if I can use either BCG in my personal defense rifle, is one better than the other? I own an N4 (defense) and a BCM 20" rifle (range). I could exchange BCGs if warranted.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

bp7178
02-13-11, 20:50

I think your information is off. The "chart" is a useful guide, but question how often it gets updated.

I haven't seen a blue spring insert in years.

Hmac
02-13-11, 22:03
I think your information is off. The "chart" is a useful guide, but question how often it gets updated.

I haven't seen a blue spring insert in years.

Certainly isn't one in my Noveske. Agreed, one has to be careful about the chart.