PDA

View Full Version : Reflex sights... what are they?

JrFreak
02-13-11, 17:20
Hi all, my next add-on for my newly purchased Stag 2TL will be optics. I was going to go with an EOTech 517 or a XPS3-0, then add a 3x magnifier at a later date.

I ran across reflex sights and I really don't know what they are. How do they differ from the HWS? Accuracy vs. a HWS? Who makes good ones? Any info would be great...

Thanks,

Hmac
02-13-11, 18:02
The Eotech XPS/EXPS series are great sights. Go with them or Aimpoint.

Look at the EXPS 2 (http://www.opticsplanet.net/l3-eotech-opmod-exps2-holographic-sights-limited-edition-red-dot-sights-exps2-0-opmod.html). Comes with a lever QD on 7mm riser and has the buttons on the side. It would be only $45 more than a 517 and you wouldn't be paying for night vision compatibility, therefore a lot cheaper than an XPS 3.

yhmspecter
02-13-11, 22:28
I have an XPS 2-2 and it is fantastic

harkem
02-13-11, 22:47
Reflex sights have an external light source projected onto the lens. When moisture , dew ect. gets on the lens the droplets will catch the light. HWS light source/ laser is internally lit not affected by outside elements. That's roughly main difference. I would stick with Eotech or Aimpoint they are better built stronger for main sights. Dr.Optics makes a good reflex sight, they are sold on Trijicon's. I can't speak for other brands.