PDA

View Full Version : DPM Recoil..

Droid
02-13-11, 21:26
DPM recoil Reduction System, anyone using it for an M&P? Read a little about it, seems like a solid concept. Thoughts, comments, concerns....

l8apex
02-13-11, 21:29
Ran a few thousand rounds with the DPM on a Glock 19 & 34, difference is noticeable but not tremendously as it is 9mm. The recoil impulse does feel a little different compared to the standard. I would suspect that it would have a little greater effect on .40. Running stock currently.

longball
02-22-11, 21:47
DPM recoil Reduction System, anyone using it for an M&P? Read a little about it, seems like a solid concept. Thoughts, comments, concerns....

The complete recoil reduction system (including magnet/weight piece), no, but I do have one of their guide rods for my M&P9fs. I have shot a few hundred rounds with it and haven't yet had a malfunction. To me, the "feel" of the recoil is softer, more push less snap.

The guide rod ships with with two different springs. One for lower power ammo and one for hotter loads. I haven't notice a difference running either of the two springs. Federals from Wal-Mart, WWB, and some old Federal Hydra-Shocks have all functioned with both springs.

I may be splitting hairs here but my only complaint with the DPM guide rod is that upon holstering the slide moves out of battery more than it does with the stock unit. Its not a big deal but when I first started using it it took some time to get used to riding the back of the slide into the holster with my thumb.