PDA

View Full Version : One for the Glock folks...

Slater
09-07-07, 19:01
How the Hell does someone manage to break a Glock this way?:

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/g17-breaks.html

M4arc
09-07-07, 19:37
It looks like someone jammed it frame first into something. Possibly the ground or a barrier or something. Unfortunately the story of this happening during firing doesn't add up. You'll see the recoil spring and barrel is still intact so I don't see how this could happen by firing the weapon.

That front of the frame rail hit something extremely hard, head on.

This reminds of the guys that used to bring their broken bike frames into the shop and try and tell us that they were, "just riding along and it broke". :rolleyes:

John_Wayne777
09-07-07, 20:24
But...but....Glocks are indestructible!!!

:D

I agree with M4Arc....somebody did something incredibly stupid to produce that one. That part of the frame isn't really stressed much by the act of firing the weapon.

TheGhostRider
09-07-07, 20:46
I've actually seen one do this before.
It involved a flashlight mounted to the rail and a severe impact to a barricade.
It was not Glocks fault.

Seeing this happen did however make me think twice about the use of a light mounted to the rail.
I wouldn't trade my G17 for anything but it did make me think about things that I'd never thought about before.

UVvis
09-07-07, 20:53
My understanding is that this site is anti-glock for whatever reason.

TheGhostRider
09-08-07, 15:00
My understanding is that this site is anti-glock for whatever reason.

I don't believe this site is "Anti-Glock". I do believe there are a few folks here that try to fan the flames toward Glocks though.
Those kind of folks are on every forum available to the "errornet".

The problem is there are examples of firearm failures across all manufacturers. Many I'm sure are unknown because a lot of them are operator induced and therefore kept quiet.
How many people do you think roll their own ammo, screw up and then blow up their gun. Probably more than we'll ever know because most would be to embarrassed to admit it, especially in a public forum.

I'm pro Glock and carry a G17 on a daily basis, many others here are pro Glock and carry on a daily basis.

I'm sure their are more than a few here who carry Glocks as professionals and depend on them to safe lives.

M4Guru
09-08-07, 15:13
I have 16 Glocks (and 1 1911 that I don't really want anymore). I don't think this place is anti-Glock at all. 1911 forums are anti-Glock.

rubberneck
09-08-07, 15:28
I don't believe this site is "Anti-Glock". I do believe there are a few folks here that try to fan the flames toward Glocks though.

I am pretty sure the original poster was talking about the linked site being anti-glock not this site. You will find that there are a lot of people here that like Glocks. I like Glock and think that they are good guns, they just don't fit by hand well.

tiger seven
09-08-07, 15:47
I am pretty sure the original poster was talking about the linked site being anti-glock not this site.

I agree. I think he was suggesting that Gun Zone is anti-Glock, not M4C. I don't know enough about Gun Zone to verify that, but I do know their "Glock KB!" story has been passed around the internet thousands of times by people trying to justify their dislike of Glocks.

I have a second-gen G19 that I love, and when I track down an OD G19 I will have a nice brace of Glocks. I think that wil be enough for me. :)

Derek

M4arc
09-08-07, 16:25

The problem is there are examples of firearm failures across all manufacturers. Many I'm sure are unknown because a lot of them are operator induced and therefore kept quiet.
How many people do you think roll their own ammo, screw up and then blow up their gun. Probably more than we'll ever know because most would be to embarrassed to admit it, especially in a public forum.

I'm pro Glock and carry a G17 on a daily basis, many others here are pro Glock and carry on a daily basis.

I'm sure their are more than a few here who carry Glocks as professionals and depend on them to safe lives.

UVvis was referring to D.S. and The Gun Zone being anti-Glock, not this site. We love Glocks for what they are. Spears has heartburn with the GT folks who think Gaston Glock walks on water.

UVvis
09-08-07, 18:36
That is what I was meaning, the gun zone being anti-glock. Not M4C.

SuicideHz
09-11-07, 23:35
And so what if you have 16 Glocks M4? How does that relate to this site as a whole? ;)

Just kidding. This site is very Glock friendly indeed and tries to be 1911 friendly but a lot of people just can't stop bitching about them.