PDA

View Full Version : Magwell Grips?

philipeggo
02-15-11, 18:35
So im looking for a magwell grip and well i cant find what seems to be a quality one. The only ones i can find are the Mako (Fab Def) , the Never Quit grip which is more like a piece of rubber thats just chillin at the front of the mag well and the Tactical Magwell which looks as flimsy as the Mako which i was originally gonna get. Any other ideas? I would like one to where it would have finger grooves for all my fingers. The Never Quit grip would be great if it was larger and had finger grooves. any thoughts?

philipeggo
02-15-11, 18:37
And yes i know i dont NEED one , but i want one.

CoryCop25
02-15-11, 18:38
The reason there are no quality magwell grips is because it's not a proper shooting technique. The further toward the muzzle you can hold, the better control you have over the weapon. A magwell grip is a carry over from the MP5 which is a whole different weapon system.

philipeggo
02-15-11, 18:48
The reason there are no quality magwell grips is because it's not a proper shooting technique. The further toward the muzzle you can hold, the better control you have over the weapon. A magwell grip is a carry over from the MP5 which is a whole different weapon system.

Correct but there are times where one would need to use the magazine well as a grip no? eg: after heavy fire the hand-guards may get too hot, if im using a low wall as a rest i would need a place to put my hand.

CoryCop25
02-15-11, 18:56
Correct but there are times where one would need to use the magazine well as a grip no? eg: after heavy fire the hand-guards may get too hot, if im using a low wall as a rest i would need a place to put my hand.

Agreed, but, if it is on rare occasions like that, just deal without it. It is added weight no matter how little it is. Gloves while shooting will alleviate the heat problem for several hundred rounds. I do not shoot full auto but there have been some days when 400 rounds have been fired with very little down time and there was no discomfort with gloves on. The AR platform has millions of accessories and only about 1/3 of them are worth considering. Use what works for you but I would spend the money on something more useful.

RD62
02-15-11, 19:19

Are you running a F/A weapon? How much "heavy fire" are you doing?

If the heat is too much for the stock handguards or a rail system and covers/vfg of your choice, then I'd spend the money for a magwell grip on some gloves.

The fact there aren't any "good ones" is a clue...

sonrider657
02-15-11, 20:47
I have handled the Tactical Magwell and it is definitely NOT flimsy. If you want another quality option however, check out the Strac Grip (http://www.stractech.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75&Itemid=182).

TOrrock
02-15-11, 21:36

Are you bump firing into the dirt?

kwelz
02-15-11, 22:26
Learn to shoot with gloves. Not being a smart ass here.
Guns get hot. Switching to a magwell grip because the rail is to hot to handle just means you are losing control of the weapon. Get a quality pair of gloves and start practicing.

I like Oakley but there are other good options out there.

philipeggo
02-15-11, 23:36
Learn to shoot with gloves. Not being a smart ass here.
Guns get hot. Switching to a magwell grip because the rail is to hot to handle just means you are losing control of the weapon. Get a quality pair of gloves and start practicing.

I like Oakley but there are other good options out there.

I am scooping a pair of gloves soon prob something from Mechanix. I wanted the grip JIC. you can never have too many places to put your hand comfortably on your rifle imo. wont be my primary grip thats what the forward grip would be for .

philipeggo
02-15-11, 23:37
I have handled the Tactical Magwell and it is definitely NOT flimsy. If you want another quality option however, check out the Strac Grip (http://www.stractech.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75&Itemid=182).

Thanks !! Looks exactly like what im looking for!

justin_247
02-16-11, 04:32
I had the opportunity to handle a sample M-4 with a DD M4 rail that had just been run for several hundred rounds on a mixture of semi and full auto in a short period of time. With bare hands, it was very hot to the touch, but with gloves it was simply warm.

Spend your money on a decent pair of gloves and carry on. Your scenario is sort of silly.

Iraqgunz
02-16-11, 05:34
This is a rather silly topic and it's been answered. Time to let it fade away..........................