PDA

View Full Version : NYC SHTF manual

500grains
02-15-11, 21:29
Today on the Glenn Beckerhead show, Glenn held up a softcover publication and said it was the New York City disaster guide, which tells people what to do and tells cops, firemen, lawyers, etc. what they can and cannot do during a disaster. Glenn said it could be boiled down to one page which said, in essence, get the F... out of Manhattan. But humor aside, does anyone know where to get a copy of that manual?

Thanks.

Mark71
02-15-11, 22:39
The NY City OEM website has these guides available for download......

http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/ready/ready_guides.shtml

500grains
02-16-11, 13:10
Thank you.

I suspect there is also a version "for official eyes only" version too.

tc556guy
05-02-11, 17:49
Check this also

www.nycourts.gov/whatsnew/pdf/PublicHealthLegalManual.pdf

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/15/nyregion/15doomsday.html

docsherm
05-02-11, 21:45
Here is all you need to know:

LEAVE NOW!!!!!

:sarcastic:

cody0341
05-02-11, 21:55
Agree, I would say just get the hell out of there now.

Mac5.56
05-03-11, 15:41
And all those people will be coming straight up the Thruway. So, for anyone 100 miles outside of the city, the same approach applies.

Glad I have my plan figured out.

danco
05-10-11, 20:20
Glad I have my plan figured out.

My plan involves NOT living in New York...

~Dan

Whiskey_Bravo
05-10-11, 22:53

~Dan

Crazy, mine too.

NC_DAVE
05-12-11, 00:25

~Dan

i think that is a good start to a great plan

Mac5.56
05-13-11, 13:58

~Dan

Good for you, congrats you get a pat on the back. Do you want a cookie?

Some of us don't base our every decision in life out of fear. Actually we go about our lives living them to the best we can, where we happen to be, and spend some time planning for emergencies that may never happen. The concept of moving, leaving our friends and family, simply because of some 1 in a million possibility doesn't seem logical, but that's just us.

I've lived in five different states, each had their ups, and downs. Not single one would be easier to deal with in a SHTF scenario, they would all be different, but not "easier".

danco
05-13-11, 15:18
Good for you, congrats you get a pat on the back. Do you want a cookie?

Yes, please!

Some of us don't base our every decision in life out of fear.

Actually, my plan for NOT living in New York has less to do with a SHTF scenario and more to do with only being allowed one topping on a slice of pizza...

~Dan

Just a Jarhead
05-13-11, 15:51
Actually, my plan for NOT living in New York has less to do with a SHTF scenario and more to do with only being allowed one topping on a slice of pizza...
~Dan

definitely must not be a Paisano! In Italy more than 1 topping is an out right sacrilege! And warranting exile from the community!

Muddyboots
05-13-11, 15:58
I've been through Multiple blackouts, two major terrorist attacks (I worked The Pile), and a bunch of bad weather. There is something that non-New Yorkers just don't get: "We aren't impressed; back to my regular life" is actually a deeply ingrained attitude. History backs this up too. NYC is a lot more freakin durable than a lot of places.

Many of us are in NYC for good reasons and many of us are choosing to stay in the State AND City to keep fighting to secure our rights! Yours too.

On the Pizza thing, stay outta tourist joints and talk to the guy, you can get whatever you want. He might look at you funny though.

Muddyboots

PS, I have preps and rehearsed plans (I teach that stuff...)

danco
05-16-11, 07:00
I've been through Multiple blackouts, two major terrorist attacks (I worked The Pile), and a bunch of bad weather. There is something that non-New Yorkers just don't get: "We aren't impressed; back to my regular life" is actually a deeply ingrained attitude. History backs this up too. NYC is a lot more freakin durable than a lot of places.

Well, I gotta give you guys that. In the aftermath of 9/11, what we saw out of NYC was a lot of folks coming together to help each other out. The mass panic was from the *rest* of the country...

On the Pizza thing, stay outta tourist joints and talk to the guy, you can get whatever you want. He might look at you funny though.

Thanks for the insider's tip...I may just have to revise my opinion about NY!

~Dan

Muddyboots
05-16-11, 08:56
That's exactly what we did. In the days following 9/11 we heard the news from around the country and it heartened us all! Every American was a New Yorker. We took it on the chin for the nation and you all came running. I'm sad to say it probably won't be the last time either.

Don't give up on us! There are a lot of good people here. Just don't elect any politician from any party that we elected to anything more important than Dog Catcher!
:laugh:

Muddyboots

yellowfin
05-25-11, 16:10
The more important reasons to stay out of NY, in no particular order:

* income taxes
* gun laws
* regulations on EVERYTHING
* property taxes
* bottom of the barrel people who are leftover after smart people fled the taxes and laws
* political system
* fees for EVERYTHING
* unfriendliness to outsiders
* local disgusting uber-liberal variations on certain churches (e.g. NY Catholic =/= Louisiana Catholic)

tc556guy
06-10-11, 13:28
The more important reasons to stay out of NY, in no particular order:

* income taxes
* gun laws
* regulations on EVERYTHING
* property taxes
* bottom of the barrel people who are leftover after smart people fled the taxes and laws
* political system
* fees for EVERYTHING
* unfriendliness to outsiders
* local disgusting uber-liberal variations on certain churches (e.g. NY Catholic =/= Louisiana Catholic)
Upstate NYers are not particularly rude.
American Catholicism in general is more liberal than its European and third world varients.
States get their taxes in one form or another. My brother in NC has to pay a huge tax on every vehicle he owns every year that I don't pay, for instance.

Political systems all over have their issues.