PDA

View Full Version : Shipping ammo in ohio?

Militant83
02-16-11, 09:39
Are there any restrictions in ohio when shipping ammo to a residence?
The only reason why I ask is when looking on cabelas they listed ohio in a disclaimer to check local laws before buying. Thanks

C4IGrant
02-16-11, 10:02
Are there any restrictions in ohio when shipping ammo to a residence?
The only reason why I ask is when looking on cabelas they listed ohio in a disclaimer to check local laws before buying. Thanks

Depends on where they live.

C4

Militant83
02-16-11, 10:26
Depends on where they live.

C4

Ashville just south of columbus.. I have ordered 22 ammo before with no issues. When I was looking at 9mm is when I saw the disclaimer and it was the first time i had ever seen it for ohio.

duece71
10-05-11, 21:38
I have never had a problem when shipping from in state. Out of state, whomever is the shipper (usually UPS) wants an adult (over 21) signature. Most of the time I just say "leave on front porch if not at home". It works and I know, it is kind of risky. My neighborhood is a relatively calm place. A neighbor once held 2000 rounds of 5.56 for me without even knowing it. When I went to pick up my mail, he asked "Man, this package weighs a ton, what the hell is in here???" I just replied with, "I dunno, something my wife ordered". :jester::D

koniz
09-22-12, 22:05
I don't think you would have any problems in the Dayton area also

Hmac
09-23-12, 01:07
I have never had a problem when shipping from in state. Out of state, whomever is the shipper (usually UPS) wants an adult (over 21) signature.

I order ammo from out of state all the time. PSA delivers via UPS and they don't require any signature. If no one is home, they just leave it at the front door.

Alpha Sierra
10-17-12, 18:31
Local gun control ordinances became null and void several years ago when statewide pre-emption got passed into law.

Order as much ammo as you like regardless of where you live.

mannichine
10-17-12, 21:30
Local gun control ordinances became null and void several years ago when statewide pre-emption got passed into law.

Order as much ammo as you like regardless of where you live.

This.

I have ordered and received ammo from out of state to my residence in Ohio on multiple occasions, shipped via UPS. Never required a signature. Shipments were never treated any differently than anything else I've ever received via UPS.