PDA

View Full Version : Suppressed Beretta 22a INOX(PICS)

Fireman1291
02-16-11, 13:37
Just took it home and fired a mag out of it with my old archangel T. I couldnt be happier!

*Although HiDesertDog left out my PAID FOR extra mag, working on resolving this. (And no the gunshop didnt take it, the UPS guy came when I was there and I opened it.)

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/Firefighter1291/DSC03803.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/Firefighter1291/DSC03802.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/Firefighter1291/DSC03801.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/Firefighter1291/DSC03795.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/Firefighter1291/DSC03800.jpg

ALCOAR
02-16-11, 13:52
Very nice, that is about as fun as it gets in terms of shooting firearms.

I love those rem subsonic's...I cannot think of the last one that did not go bang for me.

Fireman1291
02-16-11, 14:11
Yeah, the rem subsonic its great. All the walmarts around here carry it.

I plan on buying a TM wasp for the 22a.:D

Fireman1291
02-16-11, 14:23
Hidesertdog called, he said they ship any accessories bought with a firearm to the buyers home address. This way nothing gets lost at the gunshop and it gets to the customer quicker. It was mailed priority mail but the pistol(by law) was shipped 2nd day air so it beat the mag. And the invoice in the box said extra mag, so I assumed it was missing. So Hidesertdog is GTG! Great service!

Fireman1291
02-16-11, 16:36
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/Firefighter1291/DSC03804.jpg

wesprt
02-16-11, 18:10
That thing would make a slick little varmint gun.

Fireman1291
02-16-11, 19:46
Its on armadillo standby tonight. It needs some kills under its belt, and Ill give the others a rest. Ive stopped 25 dillos from further digging under my founation and killing my plants.....:neo:

glocktogo
02-16-11, 21:54
That's a sweet pair you have there! Now you just need to get a matching Lasergrip for the 21A!

Fireman1291
02-17-11, 07:57
Yes I do. :cool:

thehawk
02-17-11, 20:56
Nice, I'm thinking about installing a threaded barrel on my 21a. How was the install? Did the barrel pin give you any problems?

Fireman1291
02-18-11, 05:40
Nice, I'm thinking about installing a threaded barrel on my 21a. How was the install? Did the barrel pin give you any problems?

I ordered it already done.
https://www.hi-desertdog.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=82

I heard the pin is a pain to push out and the lug needs to have minor fitting from gun to gun. Maybe you can just send your bobcat to him and have him install a threaded barrel...
https://www.hi-desertdog.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=82

stifled
02-18-11, 08:06
I recently bought my first suppressor and have to say subsonic is the way to go. Subsonic 9mm has got to be an order of magnitude quieter than standard supersonic rounds.

Never did see a gun that small with a suppressor, though. Israeli special forces are envious :D

wesprt
02-18-11, 11:40
Its on armadillo standby tonight. It needs some kills under its belt, and Ill give the others a rest. Ive stopped 25 dillos from further digging under my founation and killing my plants.....:neo:

You and me both man. Those things made my yard look like an entire PGA tour had practiced with wedges all over it. A dozen or so of the little bastards later it's starting to look way better. I really need to get a .22 can...

JasonM
02-18-11, 13:49
I love the "me" and "mini me" look to the pair.

Fireman1291
02-19-11, 10:40
You and me both man. Those things made my yard look like an entire PGA tour had practiced with wedges all over it. A dozen or so of the little bastards later it's starting to look way better. I really need to get a .22 can...

I hate them! At 1st I started with .22lr but i noticed they would shrug off a 40grn HP and run away so I moved up to 9mm 147grn Federal HST, that did the trick. I tried 45acp HST once....never again.lol It made a MESS!:D

Fireman1291
02-19-11, 10:42
I love the "me" and "mini me" look to the pair.

Thanks Jason. Thats what I was going for. Although I just ordered a bead blasted stainless TM WASP so itll ruin the pair but itll be nice to be able to pocket a suppressed handgun for walks with the dogs.:D

LHS
02-19-11, 21:47
Nice looking setup there.

That Wasp does look rather intriguing. I haven't heard of Thompson Machine before. Has anyone had any time with that Wasp? How quiet is it compared to, say, an Outback II? If the Wasp is reasonably quiet, I think it might be an ideal camping can for my Beretta 92 .22 kit.

Fireman1291
02-20-11, 10:29
The wasp meters at 120dB for 6-8 shots and then it has to be wet again. Its a niche can and meets a specific purpose. To be compact and quiet the report of a gun for a magazine worth of shots.

WASP vs OUTBACK2 video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsvinhlQxAk

LHS
02-20-11, 12:12
Ahhhhh, it's a wet can. That explains much. I wondered how they managed to get it quiet in such a small package. I was looking at this as a nice compact can to carry while hiking, but I don't really want to fiddle with a wet can out in the Arizona desert. I suppose I'll stick with my Outback II.

Fireman1291
02-20-11, 16:56
It has a beveled area at the muzzle end to hold 1/16" wipes for uber crazy suppression. And the wipe will keep wire pulling gel in the can. :cool:

LHS
02-20-11, 23:30
Is it a proprietary wipe, or something you can make yourself? And how do wipes fall under the NFA? Are they replaceable, or do they constitute 'suppressor parts'? I confess, I've never quite understood the legalities involved, which is why I stuck with a more conventional baffle can for my .22.

Fireman1291
02-22-11, 18:44
The wipes are punched from a sheet of neoprene tested by Thompson Machine (TM) They provide you with a part# for a 12x12" sheet on Mcmastercarr that you can order and punch the wipes from. Its not needed per say but it adds extra suppression. They are NOT regulated.:cool:

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
03-31-11, 19:53
Fireman1291, how do you like your Beretta suppressed? I recently got a Coastal gun Ultima 9mm. The POI is DRASTICALLY different. Did you move your sights on your Beretta to compensate for yours?

I also have a 21A. The pin is a PITA, it only goes out one way and if you do it the wrong way you will break the frame. I know. Fortunately, it was done incorrectly by the gunsmith so they had to get me another frame.

I'm really not that happy with my 9mm suppressed on my Beretta or Glock. I can't hit crap with it..destroys my confidence every time I shoot it suppressed. Just when I think I have the POI shift figured out, I realize I don't. I don't understand why the suppressor changes the POI so much. My AR can doesn't seem nearly as much effected.

glocktogo
04-01-11, 03:44
Fireman1291, how do you like your Beretta suppressed? I recently got a Coastal gun Ultima 9mm. The POI is DRASTICALLY different. Did you move your sights on your Beretta to compensate for yours?

I also have a 21A. The pin is a PITA, it only goes out one way and if you do it the wrong way you will break the frame. I know. Fortunately, it was done incorrectly by the gunsmith so they had to get me another frame.

I'm really not that happy with my 9mm suppressed on my Beretta or Glock. I can't hit crap with it..destroys my confidence every time I shoot it suppressed. Just when I think I have the POI shift figured out, I realize I don't. I don't understand why the suppressor changes the POI so much. My AR can doesn't seem nearly as much effected.

Well I'm not Fireman1291, but perhaps I can help. The reason your 9mm can changes POI so much is because the Ultima's R.A.D. is a Nielsen Device, which is designed to act as a recoil booster. It helps overcome the additional leverage the weight of the can adds to the locking cycle. The AR and 21A cans are fixed thread mounts. They don't change the lock time of the firing cycle nearly as much. All they add is a little more backpressure, and weight at the end of a fixed barrel. When you add that much weight to the end of a Beretta or Glock 9mm, it significantly alters when the barrel unlocks in the firing cycle. That means the bullet will exit the barrel when the muzzle is at a different point in the recoil impulse. All that adds up to a more significant POI shift.

Your Ultima is a cleanable 9mm can, which is a desirable feature. But the R.A.D. isn't adjustable to alter POI shift. Some Nielsen Devices like AAC's ASAP (Evo9 & Ti-Rant) are adjustable for POI shift. It costs a lot more to have a feature like that, but it's a nice one. I have two different barrels for my G-17. One is set up for shooting 115gr unsuppressed and one for shooting 147gr suppressed. With the ASAP on the Evo9, I've been able to adjust POI to the point that both loads have nearly identical POI's.

Depending on the weight of the can and power factor of the load, a Beretta 9mm may reliably function with a fixed thread mount, because the barrel doesn't tilt the way a Glock barrel does. If Coastal supplies a fixed mount for shooting the can on a carbine, you might try it on the Beretta to see if it changes the POI so that it more closely matches your unsuppressed load. It might not function reliably, but it's worth a shot. If all else fails, you can add adjustable sights. The POI shift should at least be repeatable.

Fireman1291
04-01-11, 05:43
^
That pretty much sums it up.

I'll add that some baffle stack designs will change POI more than others depending on the airflow in the can. Some have "mouse holes" at 90 degress to each other throughout the can and can cause a more significant disturbance behind the bullets tail.

Example-

My degroat tactical MK9 MOD0 for my beretta M92 throws my POI off left and I cant adjust the can to compensate....just the rear sight.

My Silencerco Osprey9 does not change the POI

And my AAC TiRant9 does change the POI but I can compensate by pulling on the can when mounted to compress the spring and rotate to a different setting thus changing the POI. I've found the POI change on all the hosts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if a manufactuer studies fluid dynamics to a T and incorporates it into their design you still have the problem of hanging a weight off the end of a barrel which changes the harmonics. This is more noticeable on a rifle as the barrel is longer. You can take your most accurate rifle you own and tape a 16oz weight to the end and it will throw off your POI. Some manufacters, Surefire for one, designs their baffle stacks to change little to no POI. Of course with a rifle just find your scope settings for suppressed/unsuppressed, write it down and you can switch back and forth with ease.

If you cant remedy the problem with your rear sight then I suggest buying a higher end can. Not that yours is bad, dont take it the wrong way. But there are manufactuers out there that spend more time on design/effect than coastal.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
04-01-11, 08:23
Wow, thanks guys. Will digest this and get back with you, lol.