PDA

View Full Version : Where does everyone buy their parts?

Rick1987
02-17-11, 11:02
I was looking for parts to finish my AR build and was on The BCM website and noticed a lot of the stuff was sold out.

So I logged on to brownells and noticed the same thing, as well as midway.

Are they just waiting for most their inventory to be empty before ordering more, or are they selling out that fast?

Can anyone recommend another good place to buy from?

Boss302
02-17-11, 11:21
www.bravocompanyusa.com
www.aimsurplus.com
www.rainierarms.com
www.gandrtactical.com
http://global-tactical.com/
www.brownells.com
www.laruetactical.com
www.danieldefense.com
www.magpul.com

ColoradoKevin
02-17-11, 11:24
I use palmetto armory alot. Good prices. shipping is okay.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/

ssracer
02-17-11, 11:27
That's a pretty good list there.

I'd add to it any of the manufacturers sites themselves, Troy, Noveske, etc

When I went looking for a new rail and decided on the TRX extreme it was about $175 + shipping everywhere I looked. Decided to check Troy directly and lucked out on a cyber Monday deal and got it for a good bit less.

Rattlehead
02-17-11, 11:34
www.operationparts.com
www.gandrtactical.com

Grrrr
02-17-11, 13:53
www.operationparts.com
www.gandrtactical.com

I have ordered from all of the companies listed above with good service. For my latest build(bcm lw middy) I wanted to order my stock and grip(clubfoot imod/bg-17) from the same place to save on shipping. I had never ordered from operationparts.com before but decided to give them a shot. I like how they list their stock in real time. Good company to deal with.

ColoradoKevin
02-17-11, 13:56
I just wanted to echo a bunch of people on here. LaRue Tactical is the best customer service, shipping, and buying experience I have ever had. I will never go anywhere else for a part that they carry.

RGoose
02-17-11, 13:59
I like dealing with Bravo Company USA and G&R Tactical. Quality stuff and great prices/service.

Rick1987
02-17-11, 15:37
Great sites guys.

Another question.

I was looking at getting a YHM phantom 5C2 muzzle brake. But they are sold out everywhere.
I called brownells and they said they might have a order in next month.

Can anyone recommend something instead of it? In the same price range, $30-$50.

It's going on a 14.5" carbine. Yhm barrel and quad rail. Figure I would go the yhm MB to finish off the look.

BCmJUnKie
02-17-11, 15:41
BCM and Spikes. BCM is out of stock alot...just be patient cause they get stuff in pretty quick

11B101ABN
02-17-11, 16:25
www.bravocompanyusa.com
www.aimsurplus.com
www.rainierarms.com
www.gandrtactical.com
http://global-tactical.com/
www.brownells.com
www.laruetactical.com
www.danieldefense.com
www.magpul.com

That's a pretty good start.

........and also where I drop my coin.

Rattlehead
02-17-11, 16:33
Agree, Operationparts has great CS. Also have a lot of KAC stuff that I couldn't find other places.

www.superiordefensesolitions.com

Also had excellent CS. I'm in agreement with almost all of the sites listed by Boss302, however I think we all know how great BCM's CS is. ;)
Another place that I was able to find ASAP plates when most were out of stock is SKD Tac.

I have ordered from all of the companies listed above with good service. For my latest build(bcm lw middy) I wanted to order my stock and grip(clubfoot imod/bg-17) from the same place to save on shipping. I had never ordered from operationparts.com before but decided to give them a shot. I like how they list their stock in real time. Good company to deal with.

Rick1987
02-17-11, 16:45
Thanks guys, I went ahead and placed a order with BCM.

Here is what I ordered.

Carbine gas tube
Carbine action spring
BCM auto bolt carrier group
BCM extractor upgrade kit (3pk)
Firing pin
MI low pro gas block
Spikes Tactical heavy buffer

I think next week I will order a ACE 7 1/2" skeleton stock and maybe a set of Troy BUIS.

amd5007
02-17-11, 17:56
I think next week I will order a ACE 7 1/2" skeleton stock and maybe a set of Troy BUIS.

For some other items you might want to check out ar-15tactical.com. The sight has some of the best prices on Troy items. Including Troy BUIS that are sub $90. Evan is the guy who runs it, and while his shipping may be a little slow (a week), his customer service is top notch.

triggs75
02-17-11, 17:57
Don't forget about rifle gear (http://riflegear.com/default.aspx), especailly if you're on the west coast. I have purchased more then half my items from them. they are very fast with shipping with good products.

Chad

RD62
02-17-11, 18:35
DSG Arms is good too.

PdxMotoxer
02-17-11, 18:46
Great List!! I've used a few of those myself.

If you know a specific part you want/need let you're Goggle-Fu
be you're guide.
Then if the shop is unknown once again use you're google-fu to research that site/shop.

If still in doubt use paypal or a trusted CC that you can file fraud claim if you should get scammed.

I have a separate creditcard that is used for online purchases only with the $5 min balance.
then if i'm going to buy something i transfer that amount to the card.
If something should happen, i won't be out my savings.

On that YHM muzzle break midway will backorder and show it being instock 2-25-11 (that's only next sat)

triggs75
02-17-11, 19:07
DSG Arms is good too.

True and they have their year long going green sale. I saved $60 on my OD UBR stock.

Chad

jasonhgross
02-17-11, 19:23
www.brownells.com

With the good guy discount they meet or beat the best online prices I can find on nearly everything. Also, outstanding customer service all around, and SUPER easy returns of stuff you have used and don't like.

DaBears_85
02-17-11, 19:27
I only shop at places that offer USPS as a delivery option (if I can help it), a little habit I picked up from bkb0000. USPS is cheaper and much, much faster than either UPS or FedEx. That being said, my first stop is always SKD Tactical (http://www.skdtac.com/). As I was telling another member yesterday, they have a flat $5 shipping fee and their shipping times are stellar. I usually receive my order in 2 days, 3 at the most. Granted, I live about an hour away from where SKD is located. Still, I've heard from others who live all over the U.S. say that 3 days is usually the norm. If SKD doesn't have what I'm looking for I'll utilize the fancy Google machine and go with wherever I can find it the cheapest. For AK stuff I use either K-Var (http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php) or AIM Surplus (http://www.aimsurplus.com/default.aspx).

J

cj5_dude
02-17-11, 19:32
Strong reccomendation for

www.dsgarms.com

Great prices especially on Magpul parts.

J Krammes
02-18-11, 01:25
BCM
Ranier Arms
Global Tactical
sometimes Midway USA

All are great to deal with and have quality products.

Jk

pacrimguru
02-18-11, 02:32
the company i work for ain't too shabby... :D

superstratjunky
02-18-11, 02:55
Addax Tactical
BCM
Brownells
& I bought my new barrel direct from Black Hole Weaponry.

Kuiper
02-18-11, 03:54
Mostly Brownells.

Had an order placed with ar15broker.com, payed in full. Stuff never was sent, order was cancelled. Spent about 50 emails on it, still waiting for my refund. i.e. Don't ever do business with this clown.

Anyway, Brownells always works. Most of the stuff I buy locally in the Netherlands.

caelumatra
02-18-11, 08:42
Www.Dsgarms.com has the biggest military discount so that's
where I get most of my stuff. Its pretty substantion on some parts and less on others but its still great.
If they don't stock something 99% chance www.rainierarms.com does. They have a discount also but its much less, but also still great of them to do any
Www.gandrtactical.com
Www.brownells.com
Www.midwayusa.com
Palmetto state armory