PDA

View Full Version : ACS Stock Storage Compartments

Evil Bert
02-17-11, 14:04
The ACS stock has two battery storage compartments as most of you are aware and it has the third utility storage area. I was wondering what everyone who uses the ACS stock, stores in those compartments. Specifically I am interested in what you store other than batteries.

For example, I have a fire starter (http://www.soloscientific.com/aurora-fire-starter1.html) in one of the battery compartments and some cotton balls as I go hiking and camping a lot, the fire starter and cotton balls come in handy. The other side I keep spare flash light batteries. But I have not figured out what I should carry in the utility storage compartment.

Stickman
02-17-11, 15:00
SBR paperwork, batteries, boresnake, earplugs, etc., it all depends on what I'm doing. The ACS offers a lot of storage options, but quite often mine are just empty.

Evil Bert
02-17-11, 15:37
SBR paperwork - no that I didn't think of. Probably, because I don't have an SBR. I am thinking of keeping one of the tiny Machinegunner's lube bottles and a few other small items such as spare springs, Geiselle slave pin (in case I need to take the FC apart) into a small baggy in the utility compartment. I may do the boresnake as well. That is a good idea.

CAR-AR-M16
02-17-11, 15:39
I have a boresnake and small bottle of lube in mine.

nar472
02-17-11, 15:41
Boresnake and contact lens holder with a battery for my t1 in it.

learned the idea for the lens holder here
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=56954

altramagnus
02-17-11, 15:52
Batteries and a set of surefire plugs in case I need to double up on hearing. I have put a small bottle of lube in there once in a while but that usually stays in the bag.

Shawn

Jellybean
02-17-11, 15:55
My ACS is in the mail to me:dance3:
So I don't have it yet. But my plans for storage are minimal- even though I'm going for a more general purpose rifle, I still want to keep it as light as possible. So probably just extra batteries for my light & RDS, spare earplugs, possibly some lube/cleaning accessories if needed.

Geez- I pretty much just copied everyone else. So much for originality....:haha:

Iraqgunz
02-17-11, 16:09
I have a small vial of crack that is about the same size and fits right in there.

AZ-Renegade
02-17-11, 16:26
Surefire Ear Pros in the lower compartment, Jack Links Beef Stick in the right hand compartment, Tootsie Rolls on the left.

Just in case the old "di-a-betus" flares up.

Evil Bert
02-17-11, 16:58
I have a small vial of crack that is about the same size and fits right in there.

Ah man... the cops would never look there for it. I'm stuffin' my ACS with as much crack as I can now.

dfsutton
02-17-11, 17:10
Nothing but an occasional set of foam plugs. I just prefer the cheekweld of the ACS to that of the CTR.

davidz71
02-17-11, 21:16
Boresnake only in compartment. Small bottle of Slip2000 in LaRue FUG.

markm
02-17-11, 21:19
Medical Marijuana is in mine. It's legal in AZ and I know if I take a head shot from the enemy, I can deploy my medical Bong and heal any combat wound ON THE SPOT!!!

Cvolin85
02-17-11, 21:38
A Rubber :lol: and a Zippo. Fit's perfect.

jklaughrey
02-17-11, 21:42
The uncut Zapruder film showing the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll!:)

Evil Bert
02-17-11, 21:54
Medical Marijuana is in mine. It's legal in AZ and I know if I take a head shot from the enemy, I can deploy my medical Bong and heal any combat wound ON THE SPOT!!!

A Rubber :lol: and a Zippo. Fit's perfect.

The uncut Zapruder film showing the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll!:)

I should of known where this was going to go. Too damn funny nonetheless.
:lol:

Iraqgunz
02-17-11, 22:21
All joking aside. If you can't think of a use for it, leave it open. Maybe it will come to you one day when you are out. I tend to keep my stuff open or I will forget that I stashed something in there.

Kind of like the 123 batteries I found the other day in my VFG.

The ACS stock has two battery storage compartments as most of you are aware and it has the third utility storage area. I was wondering what everyone who uses the ACS stock, stores in those compartments. Specifically I am interested in what you store other than batteries.

For example, I have a fire starter (http://www.soloscientific.com/aurora-fire-starter1.html) in one of the battery compartments and some cotton balls as I go hiking and camping a lot, the fire starter and cotton balls come in handy. The other side I keep spare flash light batteries. But I have not figured out what I should carry in the utility storage compartment.

Dave L.
02-18-11, 04:05
I wish Magpul would make a mini scotch bottle to fit in those tubes.

ALCOAR
02-18-11, 04:49
Make it a bottle of JW Blue and I'm down.

My Sopmods are always empty and my UBR's are either empty or occasionally have a spare copy of Call of Duty just in case shtf:)

jklaughrey
02-18-11, 09:38
I sent an email to Macallan's. I asked them to make mini's of their 25 yr old for us.:D:D