PDA

View Full Version : Spring Trouble

TXBob
02-17-11, 18:10
I was installing my collapsible stock and there was no pin in between the stock plate and the lower receiver. There is the spring there, but the the guide I was looking at had a small pin in there as well.

It is the spring that is underneath the buffer extension tube that goes into the lower receiver and applies pressure to the latch plate.

So I have the spring--is there supposed to be a pin?

Don60
02-17-11, 18:36
Hello TXBob,

I just had a problem with my stock as well.

Are you refering to #5&6 or 9&10 on this schematic.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=7283

TXBob
02-17-11, 18:43
10 has gone awol. When I removed the fixed a2 stock 9 was siting in place, but no 10. And I did send 5 &6 into low orbit but recovered them

Don60
02-17-11, 18:53
Similar problem that I had. Take a closer look, it may still be in the hole/tube. Try pushing the spring through the hole and see if it moves out.

If its not there you can push a thin wire all the way through.

If its not there and you can not find it you will need to buy another one. It holds the take down pin in place.

Don60
02-17-11, 19:06
Sorry,

I should have been more clear in my discription about the pin.

This is what snowed me also. The detent pin along with the spring apply pressure to the take down pin and fits in the pins groove.

If you can pull the pin out, your small detent pin is either pushed back in the hole or fell out.

If you have to re-install the detent pin (before the spring) it will have to line up with the groove in the take down pin.

TXBob
02-17-11, 20:38
Ok thanks for the tips..the pin was "stuck" in the hole. A couple of hard slaps it I verified it was in the hole. I was under presumption that it would pop out like the buffer retention spring/detent.

Now I just need my hammerhead wrench to tighten things up and I am gtg.

Another +1 for Bravo Company: ordered stock kit monday, arrived thursday.

And I got stickers! :cool:

Now I gotta get me one of them VLTORS.

Iraqgunz
02-17-11, 21:35
Make sure to stake it and for (insert Deity here) do not put Loc-tite on the threads.

Ok thanks for the tips..the pin was "stuck" in the hole. A couple of hard slaps it I verified it was in the hole. I was under presumption that it would pop out like the buffer retention spring/detent.

Now I just need my hammerhead wrench to tighten things up and I am gtg.

Another +1 for Bravo Company: ordered stock kit monday, arrived thursday.

And I got stickers! :cool:

Now I gotta get me one of them VLTORS.

TXBob
02-17-11, 22:05
You guys have been a good influence, I was just wondering what I was gonna use to stake it once I get her tightened up. :D (yes I know--I'm gonna hit the orange search button, I am just sayin')

I gave my BCM stickers to my 8 year old daughter and told her she would be the coolest kid in school with those.:p

Now for the hard part--finding a 50 yard range that allows FMJ (Don't ask) for zeroing--all my stuff came this week and this thing wants to be shot.