PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon RMR-A (adjustable LED)

cj5_dude
02-17-11, 19:44
I've decided on the Trijicon RMR-A (which is the adjustable LED version) for a handgun I have on order. The questions are these...

Which size dot to go for? There's a 3 MOA and a 6.5 MOA. The 3 seems like it might be too small. It'll mostly be a fun gun but it's possible I'll eventually be allowed to use it for police duty if the rangemaster approves the concept.

Second is it seems nobody has these in stock yet. Who's the best Trijicon dealer on the web with the best prices and customer service? Also somewhere with a LE discount but not required.

Has anyone put their hands on one of these yet? It looks like a heck of a package.

bullitt5172
02-23-11, 06:43
Since you are planning on using this on a handgun, I would suggest the 6.5 MOA dot. Since most handgun work is within 50 yds, the larger dot will not be a hindrance. It will, however, be faster to aquire.

Agile53
02-25-11, 01:12
Agree w/ bullitt5172 here. Still getting the learning curve worked out w/ my 8MOA RMR.

I have a hair over 1K rds down range & was about to buy the new adjustable version but am rethinking that after reading Doc Roberts piece on them. Where did I read that here or over on LF?

bullitt your Clint quote is somewhat ironic as I just caught hell from him down @ TRTX w/ the aforementioned RMR on my G19. We go way back to the 90s when he used to live here, so old friends & exactly what I expected from my friend.