PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Armalite?

Cvolin85
02-17-11, 21:42
I found an Armalite M15 middy at cabelas here in Omaha,NE for $799. Is that a good deal? I haven't heard much about the Armalite so I'm curious if anyone has one they had issues with or absolutely loved it.

Thanks guys

ucrt
02-17-11, 22:15

- Click above on “Search" in between “New Posts” and “Quick Links”.

- On the screen that comes up, type in “armalite” inside the “Keyword(s)” Field on the left side of the screen.

- Just below the “Keyword(s)” Field where it reads, “Search Entire Posts”, click on the down arrow and select “Search Titles Only”.

- Click on “Search Now” at the bottom of the screen.

There you go...

Rattlehead
02-17-11, 22:17
I'd recommend using the search function, I'm sure IG will come in and inform you.

500grains
02-17-11, 22:22
I found an Armalite M15 middy at cabelas here in Omaha,NE for $799. Is that a good deal?

Run the other way. ONLY buy Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, Noveske, LMT, KAC, Centurion. Otherwise the chance that you are buying junk is VERY HIGH.

A friend of mine had an armalite. He said it never ran more than 5 rounds without a problem. That may be a slight exaggeration, but needless to say, he would have felt better armed with a Ruger No. 1 single shot.

nimdabew
02-17-11, 22:26
I bought an Armalite M15 back in 2008. The only original pieces from that rifle that I still have is the lower and the LPK. But when it was one complete rifle, it worked. I didn't keep the rest of the rifle for more than 2k rounds though.

Iraqgunz
02-17-11, 22:29
That is correct. :D

I'd recommend using the search function, I'm sure IG will come in and inform you.

Iraqgunz
02-17-11, 22:32
I am leaving it open for a while. After you use the search function and read the various posts, come back and let us know what you think.

Also, ponder this.

1. Is the little savings you may get worth it?

2. Can I put together a good build for close to that price?

3. Is the world ending tomorrow night and I absolutely need one now?

altramagnus
02-18-11, 05:46
It may run fine for you, I have one that has been fine. BUT once you check out the chart, listen to most of the guys in the know on this forum you will be way above that price once you swap things out on the rifle.

Buy something else now, even if it's 200 more your still saving money.

Shawn

GLOCKMASTER
02-18-11, 06:58
I was going to close this but IG is on top of it.:neo:

Save a little longer and buy better. I have 200 of them at work that were purchased by others that didn't know any better. They have been nothing but a PITA to keep running.

mhanna91
02-18-11, 07:05
Please please please take it from those of us who have had experience with gun swapping and money loss. If you buy a good quality rifle now for a couple hundred more, it WILL save you money in the long run, or for people like me, in the short run depending on how quickly you realize that the attractive price you paid got you a bottom of the barrel gun. If you buy a gun such as the one you are looking at, and intend to stay on this forum and continue to research and learn, it will only be a matter of time before you start replacing shit on your gun (gets expensive), or sell your gun (probably for a couple hundred less than you paid for it) to fund a quality piece from one of the big 5. Or 6. Or however many good manufaturers there are.

CCH
02-18-11, 10:23
I'm new here and to ARs and can't testify to Armalites other than that I've not heard much good, but based on input from knowledgeable friends and info available here, I went with a Daniel Defense XV (pre-quad rail version). Picked it up new for $900 from Gunbroker.com. My point is that if you shop around you can find something of much higher quality for not much more money than that Armalite. I didn't find anything from Colt in that range but BCM was close and with more searching who knows? ARs remind me greatly of 1911s in that design and execution can be very different things.

Cvolin85
02-18-11, 17:37
Cool. Thanks for the replays. I did a search and found out it's better to save. I think building one is my best bet. Just thought I found a good deal. Thanks for the Input. This is why I ask you guys.

Thanks again

MeanRider
02-18-11, 20:12
I did a search and found out it's better to save.

When in doubt do a search..:D

jaxman7
02-18-11, 20:46
This has always been sort of a motto for me.....If you have to ask the question then there is probably something wrong with it. I don't recall a thread about the quality of Daniel Defense, Bravo Co., or Knights. Not being a smarta#$ but just saying.

-Jax

duece71
02-18-11, 22:21
I asked the same question in another thread and was quickly directed to do a search........I did and did not find anything good about Armalite. Don't ask about Bushmaster.....please don't.

120mm
02-19-11, 03:06
Cool. Thanks for the replays. I did a search and found out it's better to save. I think building one is my best bet. Just thought I found a good deal. Thanks for the Input. This is why I ask you guys.

Thanks again

Good Answer!