PDA

View Full Version : Quentin Defense Forged Complete Lower

DrScooter
02-18-11, 05:32
A year or so ago I picked up a Bushy Predator for off the bench long shots, plenty of fun. In the summer I added a BCM Middy Upper which I used with the Bushmaster lower. Again fine set up but I've run across a seemingly decent lower I'm thinking about to have two full set-ups.

The lower I'm looking at is a Quentin Forged, complete lower with 6 position stock. It's on sale now for like $210 delivered to my FFL, mind you there are not too many reviews I found but I have not seen anything bad about it. So thought I would run it up the proverbial flag pole and see if I could get some opinions. The BCM upper I got is a pretty nice set-up and I understand that the lowers are pretty much standard.

Thanks in advance......

Evil Bert
02-18-11, 08:12
$210 for the complete setup isn't a bad deal. Most lowers are all made in one of a few places. This one looks no different. I think you would be fine. Of course you would want to upgrade the FCG with a quality FCG like DD or even better a Geissele SSA, etc. But I think a stock FCG from DD or LMT, etc.

billdoodoo
02-18-11, 08:13
With QD, you get a very decent quality for a low price. They make their lowers in-house, along with anodizing them and they do custom laser engraving also. Just letting you know that they use commercial-spec buffer tubes on most of their complete lowers so you can put that in mind if you plan on upgrading your stock.

If you ever encounter any issues, Jason and Tom are always a pleasure to deal with, no hassles at all and customer service is top-notch. They are my regular gunsmith even if they're 30 mins. away from me. I highly recommend them.

DrScooter
02-21-11, 11:25
Well thanks for the information. Again, I'm a little surprised usually you get "lots" of opinions but all the one I got or found seemed cool enough. I went ahead and placed the order, to be sent to my FFL agent. Hard to beat the price, $199 with a $10 shipping and my local FFL charges $15. I've gotr a pretty nice BCM middy with HFB so I'm looking forward to it all. Thanks for the replies, anyone else know something I'd sure like to hear it.
:dirol: