PDA

View Full Version : LMT Enhaced F/A BCG in a Diplomat 7.5" Upper. To do, or not to do?

md519
02-18-11, 19:32
After doing some research on the above mentioned I have not been able to come up with a firm answer. I've built an upper using a 7.5" Diplomat Barrel (pistol length gas tube) sitting in a Noveske N4 upper. It has the KX3 on the business end and I will be using a Standard Colt spring and a Spike's ST-T2 buffer.

Yes I am completely ignorant to dwell times and would like to learn more

My question is, will this theoretically work? Or am I asking for problems? This system will never be run suppressed.

LMT states that this BCG should not be used on barrels less than 16" long, however I've read threads of some guys using them on shorter barrels.

Can someone shed some light on please?

Thanks!

Thomas M-4
02-18-11, 20:00
It will work on carbine gas systems.
The pistol length gas system :confused:never heard of any body using it in a pistol length system before. You will be in uncharted waters so to speak. Personally I think I would just run an adjustable gas block with a standard good quality BC.

ZX672
02-18-11, 20:07
I may be wrong, but I think the LMT enhanced bolt is made specifically for the LMT 14.5 barrels (carbine gas). I think you will run into trouble. Hope this helps.

Sanpete
02-18-11, 20:18
Pretty sure LMT says the enhanced carrier is not recommended for use on the 10.5, and I would assume it wouldn't be more beneficial on a 7.5. One of the attributes of the enhanced carrier is to work with the longer dwell times of the 14.5's and 16's. You don't have that on the shorter barrels.

m249saw
02-20-11, 13:44
Grant posted he used them with success with his 10.5" suppressed setup.

Thomas M-4
02-20-11, 14:35
Grant posted he used them with success with his 10.5" suppressed setup.

That's with a carbine gas system.
The OP was asking about a pistol length gas system.
It might work but I have never heard of it being used in a pistol length system before. Has I posted earlier he will be in uncharted water. Unless some else chimes in that has done it with a pistol length gas system.

md519
02-20-11, 19:55
I wonder if this will cause any damage. For some reason I don't want to go the "trial by fire" route. No pun intended.

Someone, somewhere has had to have tried this before. I called Noveske and I spoke with one of the girls who was relaying info between me and a tech. I asked about the bolt, basically she told me that they use their own F/A bolts and they weren't sure if it would work or not. Either way she was nice enough to help me. They're good like that.

I'll call LMT next. Maybe someone there can give me some additional info.

Is everything closed State Side tomorrow? I'm in the great white north.