PDA

View Full Version : Glock Armorers course

mildot
02-18-11, 21:16
Well I see that they have a very good schedule for this year. I'm in the process of getting all the registration info together.That said can anyone give me a "readers digest" AAR on the course. I see that a few members have it in there signature lines here.Do you bring your own pistol or do they have them on the course?

GermanSynergy
02-18-11, 21:23
It's not a bad class for the basic end user. Very quick overview of what you'll learn:

-Function & Nomenclature
-Disassembly / Reassembly
-Hands on detail stripping the slide & frame
-Maintenance

The class I attended provided Glock handguns for students, but it's a good idea to check on http://www.glocktraining.com/ to see if you do or don't need to furnish your own weapon. IIRC, for Canadian classes, the student must furnish the handgun. I could be wrong, though.

If you can get a slot, I'd say go for it. Not a bad way to spend a day.

Well I see that they have a very good schedule for this year. I'm in the process of getting all the registration info together.That said can anyone give me a "readers digest" AAR on the course. I see more than a few members have it in there signature lines.Do you bring your own pistol or do they have them on the course?

mildot
02-18-11, 21:27
Thanks, I thought the same, however I have to "jump through some more hoops" for ITAR and the DOS.It jacks up the price, but I have 3 of there pistols now and the course is close to my location.Agreed a good way to spend 8 hours.I'm taking a course in NY.

Itsahak
02-18-11, 21:28
At the one I went to they supplied the weapons. We started out with basic field strip,followed by some lecture on the components and how it works, followed by a complete tear down, with out taking the trigger bar apart. Followed by more lecture and then tearing it down again , including the trigger bar parts. Then more lecture, followed by a complete tear down and installation of a NY trigger. Then of course some more lecture followed by tearing it down and putting in the regular trigger again. Some where in there was lunch. And we took the written test and the tear down/rebuild and were finished about 4:30 or so.

I enjoyed it and learned a ton about the Glock line.