PDA

View Full Version : M&P9 Lubrication

Titanium Shadow
02-19-11, 20:31
I recently purchased a M&P 9, my first pistol, and shot 450 trouble free rounds out of it first time to the range. Now I am cleaning and lubing it for the first time and I can't figure out from the manual what one of the lube points is supposed to be. Shown below is the picture from the manual showing 5 of the 7 lube points. Can somebody please tell me what #3 is referring to?

I think it is referring to the trigger bar, but just the top of the trigger bar or is it perhaps referring to the attachment point between trigger bar and the sear housing block assembly? Or is it referring to something else? I don't see any obvious wear points like are visible on my pistol for the other 4 lube points shown in the picture, so I can't figure out even from a visual inspection what is supposed to be lubed.
https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7481&stc=1&d=1298168949

ra2bach
02-19-11, 21:43
I can't see your pic but I'm guessing the spot on the transfer bar that contacts the bottom of the sear...

Titanium Shadow
02-19-11, 21:53
Thanks for the reply ra2bach. I don't know why you can't see the picture, it appears fine for me. The above post was obviously my first one on this forum, but I searched how to properly post a picture and thought I did it right.

Regardless, I think you're right. I was looking at it after I posted the question and thought it might perhaps be referring to the contact point between the trigger bar and the sear assembly. Not a lot of surface area there for lube though, but it is the only metal to metal contact I can see in that area.

NCSt8man1999
02-19-11, 22:13
Should be the top of the dog ear, lube goes on top, where it contacts the striker block.