PDA

View Full Version : The end of bipartisanship - GOOD!!!

500grains
02-20-11, 15:49
"I am appalled at their ignorance, belligerence, and dishonest rhetoric filled with empty emotional platitudes.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/18/disgusted-allen-west-dems-grow#ixzz1EXP1bLdC

At this point we need extreme (radical?) solutions to our financial problems. Bipartisanship will not get us there. I am not interested in a compromise of the debt only going up by $400 bn per year instead of $500 bn per year.

The freshman Congressman quoted above is top notch.

Here is another good quote:

“We’re Witnessing the Abject Hostility of a Unionized Entitlement Class Lauded by the Liberal Left Including Obama”

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/02/19/allen-west-on-wisconsin-protests-were-witnessing-the-abject-hostility-of-a-unionized-entitlement-class-lauded-by-the-liberal-left/

[/quote]

Cagemonkey
02-20-11, 16:58
I hope good guys like Allen West can make a difference. Wish we had more like him. I hope it doesn't have to happen, but sometimes I think the only solution to saving the Republic as we know it is the one thing we've been taught to fear the most. This country is like the Titanic. While the ship sinks, the passengers are numb and the crew is fighting amongst themselves what to do. Meanwhile the ship continues to sink and the band play ons.

ralph
02-20-11, 18:48
Nothing is going to change until the last dollar is spent, and there's no more coming in, Then and only then will the reality of the situation set in...and I don't think that day is too far off....What's happening up in WI is just the start..There's a trainwreck coming,(IMO) and it's going to make the crash of '29 look mild...

mr_smiles
02-20-11, 19:15
That's fine and dandy, but in congress one person doesn't make a difference.

Why people get excited by this stuff is beyond me. When you have a majority saying the same shit than I'll care.

SteyrAUG
02-20-11, 19:20
I hope good guys like Allen West can make a difference. Wish we had more like him.

He ain't off to a great start, supported the extension of the Patriot Act.

TOrrock
02-20-11, 19:25
You ever thought about starting your own blog?

HeavyDuty
02-20-11, 20:21

Please?

montanadave
02-20-11, 20:37

I second your emotion.

mr_smiles
02-21-11, 00:47

Come one now, how could any freedom loving guy not support something that has the word patriot in it...

Edit: A number of tea party big shots voted yes on the reauthorization of the three provisions. :\

theblackknight
02-21-11, 05:00
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/mxer1/yo-dawgwe-heard-you-like-tea-partiesand-being-lied-to-So-we-got-all-your-votes-and-extended-the-Patr.jpg

**** the tea party.

Littlelebowski
02-21-11, 05:35
I second your emotion.

Thirded.

LHS
02-21-11, 19:38
You know, it sounds all well and good to demand a government shutdown if they don't agree to a proper budget, but it falls apart in the specifics.

For example, I have a friend who works in the state department as an analyst. She puts in 50-60 hours per week on a regular basis, for a 40-hour salary. Now she's looking at not getting paid for some time, while her mortgage (a one-bedroom condo) and other bills keep on coming. Is that fair? Not every government worker is a lazy, fat asshole from the DMV. There are lots of hard-working, dedicated personnel who are doing their best to serve their country. Painting them all with the 'wasteful government bureaucrat' brush is dishonest and unfair.

At the very least, they need to pass legislation that, in the event a budget can't be reached in time, then a Continuing Resolution at the previous fiscal year's budget is automatically passed, if only to keep things moving. Simply stripping out funding from EVERYTHING because the two sides can't reach a compromise is retarded.

Skyyr
02-21-11, 19:40

I'll go as far as to say that I think it's counter-intuitive for most to see the Patriot act as we do ("we" being Constitutionalist and Libertarian types). I'm outraged that they passed the extension, but I can honestly see why they might. I'm not supporting it or watering down the utter stupidity of doing so, I'm just saying that to those who haven't read or don't understand the Constitution and are more concerned with safety instead of liberty, it makes sense for them to do what they did.

Going forward, I'll personally be letting them know they won't be getting my vote again. I voted them in because they said they believed in returning our country to what the Constitution outlines. I'll be voting them out because they proved they don't.

500grains
02-22-11, 10:07

Do you guys really like my threads that much?

Littlelebowski
02-22-11, 10:12

Most of your GD posts belong on a blog, not a technically oriented gun forum. You're preaching to the choir for the most part here and on a blog, you would have to do more analysis and discussion than you do here.

So yeah, you're overdoing it and need a blog.

montanadave
02-22-11, 10:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u-I0D9ReqI

500grains
02-22-11, 10:28
Feel free to vote with your feet gentlemen.

By the way, GD is generally for non-gun posts, as gun posts go in the other forums.

TriumphRat675
02-22-11, 10:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u-I0D9ReqI

This.

Littlelebowski
02-22-11, 10:56
Feel free to vote with your feet gentlemen.

By the way, GD is generally for non-gun posts, as gun posts go in the other forums.

I've paid my membership dues and can say what I want within reason. The fact that you have a few senior guys telling you the same thing is called a clue.

500grains
02-22-11, 11:20
Have I said something that is not within reason?

jaxman7
02-22-11, 13:19
Honestly 500 its just too much saturation for GD. I realize that General Discussion is for non gun related topics but for one person to be posting that many threads it does get a little tiring man. I agree with the majority of what you post but I do get weary of the political threads. My two cents.....in short (my opinion) just don't post as many political threads. As Lewbowski stated, preaching to the choir brother.

-Jax

rickrock305
02-22-11, 14:19

Plenty. :D

HeavyDuty
02-22-11, 23:28

How can we tell? You post so much stuff in GD that it's like trying to drink from a firehose.

Please, give it a rest.

RancidSumo
02-23-11, 01:17
You average over three threads per page on the first three pages of GD. Most of those threads die an early death because the original post is typically short and just rehashing what was said in the last one so there isn't much to respond to. It tends to just clutter things up.

If starting a blog doesn't blow your skirt up, maybe just start posting this stuff in "500grains Ultimate I Hate Muslims, Minorities, and Liberals Thread" and that way all of it would be consolidated into one area and since all of the topics are pretty much the same, they can all be discussed with minimal interruption and duplicate thoughts being expressed again and again in every thread.

HeavyDuty
02-23-11, 08:03
You average over three threads per page on the first three pages of GD. Most of those threads die an early death because the original post is typically short and just rehashing what was said in the last one so there isn't much to respond to. It tends to just clutter things up.

If starting a blog doesn't blow your skirt up, maybe just start posting this stuff in "500grains Ultimate I Hate Muslims, Minorities, and Liberals Thread" and that way all of it would be consolidated into one area and since all of the topics are pretty much the same, they can all be discussed with minimal interruption and duplicate thoughts being expressed again and again in every thread.

Too wordy. Try naming it "500grain's Ultimate I Hate ****ing Everything Thread".