PDA

View Full Version : Fairfax Rod and Gun High Power Work/Shoot - Sat. 2/26

W.E.G.
02-20-11, 16:54
Fairfax Rod and Gun High Power Work/Shoot - Sat. 2/26

This is a great opportunity for new high power shooters and non-club-members to come out to the range and do some piddling bit of work, and poke around the range, and get some zero’s on their rifle for the upcoming Spring League matches.

Please come.

FAIRFAX ROD & GUN CLUB, Inc.
7039 Signal Hill Road
Manassas, Virginia 20111-4212

Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 2:46 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: High Power Work/Shoot - Sat. 2/26

Greetings;

We will be having a high power rifle work & shoot on Saturday 2/26. Be at the range by 8:15; depending on the weather we will either do the work first or shoot first...depending on the weather. There isn't a whole lot of work to do most of the heavy work was done last fall, so I expect we will be able to shoot a 500agg as usual. Since we'll be working to impove the range and targets etc. there will be no charge to shoot. Tom and I will provide hotdogs for lunch for everyone who helps out. Here are some of the things we need to get done in preparation for the spring league:

* Cut back brush on point 15, we need someone to bring a gas powered hedge trimmer and some tools to prune branches.
* Rake leaves in the pits, bring some rakes and a large tarp to rake the leaves into and dump them in the woods.
* We need to replace the 300 and 600yd inserts, I am having new cardboard cut, need some people to paste up 30 new backers.
* The ammo cans need to be refreshed, need about 3 people to help with that.
* We will apply permanent paint marks to the 100yd line positions for the number boards.
* Move the "like new" 200yd target frames from the Harben house to the 200yd line, we need a truck without a cap on it (Rob M.?)

This will be the last opportunity to shoot before the first match of the Spring League on March 12/13. Remember to bring your staple guns for hanging targets.

See you there,
Alan Willard