PDA

View Full Version : Ladder Covers

spd707
02-20-11, 19:35
Anybody know who makes soft, flexible ladder covers for a picatinny rail? I have some from Blackhawk and some from Weaver that they are both more of a hard plastic.

cj5_dude
02-20-11, 19:48
Magpul, Surefire, ERGO, I'm sure others.

CLHC
02-20-11, 19:49
I used to use them there ladder rail covers by Magpul. There's a thread sometime back that mentioned only one (1) manufacturer for the ladder covers which different companies sell under their name(?) My rail is now ladder/cover free.

Anyways, there's these IndexClips that LaRueTactical sells that looks interesting:

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=386

outrider627
02-20-11, 20:58
Ergo makes the ladder rail covers for Magpul. They are softer than the plastic Magpul uses for the XTM and PMags, but not super soft like rubber.

I don't know if Surefire makes their ladder covers, or they just re-sell them.

DaBigBR
02-20-11, 21:08
My favorite ladder style covers are the Surefire ones. They are a relatively soft rubber and are dimpled slightly in the center of each "rung" which IMO allows you to "index" the center of the rail. The dimple also makes the rail feel slightly slimmer to me.

Dunderway
02-20-11, 21:10
The Surefires are really nice and are much softer than the Magpuls, ERGO, etc. Surefires feel like rubber where the others feel like plastic. They are also much cheaper than other brands, usually $15.00 for a three pack. No cool colors though, which is probably why they aren't real popular.

04rwon
02-20-11, 22:48
+1 on the Ergo's and if your worried about color match, they are the same black as my Magpul rail covers.

SomeOtherGuy
02-20-11, 22:51
The ladder covers sold by Ergo, Magpul, Weaver, Daniel Defense, and probably some others, are all made by Ergo and all the exact same thing. Best prices usually seem to be the ones sold by Daniel Defense.

I have not handled the Surefire covers and perhaps they are actually different.

Skang
02-20-11, 22:55
Funny thing is, Ergo made 2 types of ladder covers.

ones are more harder, polymer feel. And other ones are soft, rubber flex feel. Maybe one of them is older design or something.

Dave L.
02-21-11, 02:21
I believe the Ergo and Magpul are exact same.

Ladders are nice to protect the rail, but they do nothing to protect your hand from heat.

spd707
02-21-11, 10:53
FYI: bhphotovideo.com has a 3 pack of Surefire ladder covers for $16.00 with free shipping.

Here is the link:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/528721-REG/Surefire_Z70_M4_Rail_Covers_Z70.html

devildogljb
02-21-11, 10:57
+1 on the surefire ones inexpensive but hold up really well

Frens
02-21-11, 11:10
Funny thing is, Ergo made 2 types of ladder covers.

ones are more harder, polymer feel. And other ones are soft, rubber flex feel. Maybe one of them is older design or something.

just got some ergo covers and like you said they're different (harder) than the old ones I have

I prefer the newer ones btw