PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 6.8 upper to put on a plum crazy lower.

Slickshot
02-21-11, 14:44
I am picking one of these all synthetic lowers up. I have a few .223 rifles already and thought I would try the 6.8. I am looking at a noveske or wilson 16 or 18" upper.

I have been trying to find a complete LMT, but I am having trouble locating one. I also would like to try and stay under $1000, so I have been looking for used of the above brands. Anyone recommend anything else of equal quality?

fdxpilot
02-21-11, 18:12
I am picking one of these all synthetic lowers up. I have a few .223 rifles already and thought I would try the 6.8. I am looking at a noveske or wilson 16 or 18" upper.

I have been trying to find a complete LMT, but I am having trouble locating one. I also would like to try and stay under $1000, so I have been looking for used of the above brands. Anyone recommend anything else of equal quality?

Take a look at AR Performance (AR15Performance.com) They have built my last 2 6.8 uppers. Harrison, who basically runs the shop with his wife, is a member here "Constructor". They can assemble any kind of upper you want, from the most basic to the most tricked out, at a decent price (not the absolute cheapest, but reasonable for the components.) My last upper had one of his SOCOM lightweight 16" barrels and Daniels 12" rails for just a little over $900.

diving dave
02-21-11, 20:08
+1 for AR Performance..I had Harrison build me his MK68 Recon upper, with a 12 in Daniel Defense rail system. It is a tack driver. And food for thought, you really only need a 16 in barrel for a 6.8, you wont gain much by going to 18 inches.

Slickshot
02-21-11, 22:32
I will look them up right now.

fdxpilot
02-21-11, 23:33
+1 for AR Performance..I had Harrison build me his MK68 Recon upper, with a 12 in Daniel Defense rail system. It is a tack driver. And food for thought, you really only need a 16 in barrel for a 6.8, you wont gain much by going to 18 inches.

Hmm! Except for the type of barrel, it sounds just like mine. My local range doesn't open for the season till next week, but I'm really looking forward to shooting this rifle. The ARP it replaces (which was stolen, I really loved that upper,) was indeed a tack driver. It loved 110gr Sierra ProHunters.

okiewita40
02-22-11, 10:19
I am going to order my ss 16" hunter from arp when my bonus money hits the beginning of next month. don't think you can beat arp for the price and quality.