PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

SteadyUp
02-21-11, 15:52
Hi folks! My name is Brad, I'm a railroad conductor, and I purchased my first AR (Colt LE6920) a month ago. I've only had a chance to shoot it a handful of times, but I've really enjoyed it (I'm HOOKED!).

I already changed out the stock (MOE ACS) and grip (MOE Grip), as I couldn't get a decent cheek weld, and I didn't like how the stock grip fit my hand.

I also picked up an EOTech 512 HWS. This gun is going to be my home defense/SHTF gun, so I want it to be dead reliable. From the reading I've done here, it looks like I've made a good purchase. This site is great, and I'm glad I joined, lots of wise folks here.

And my thanks goes out to our troops still fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, thanks for serving your country.

zekus480
02-21-11, 16:27
Greetings from AFG, you've made some wise choices, can't wait to see some pics of your gun. Thanks for your support!

SteadyUp
02-21-11, 18:34
Greetings from AFG, you've made some wise choices, can't wait to see some pics of your gun. Thanks for your support!

I'll snap some pictures of the gun tomorrow. I feel like a proud parent of new baby Colt! :D

Jay Cunningham
02-21-11, 23:12
Hi folks! My name is Brad, I'm a railroad conductor, and I purchased my first AR (Colt LE6920) a month ago. I've only had a chance to shoot it a handful of times, but I've really enjoyed it (I'm HOOKED!).

I already changed out the stock (MOE ACS) and grip (MOE Grip), as I couldn't get a decent cheek weld, and I didn't like how the stock grip fit my hand.

I also picked up an EOTech 512 HWS. This gun is going to be my home defense/SHTF gun, so I want it to be dead reliable. From the reading I've done here, it looks like I've made a good purchase. This site is great, and I'm glad I joined, lots of wise folks here.

And my thanks goes out to our troops still fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, thanks for serving your country.

You started with a fine rifle, one that will serve you well for many years.

Keep an eye out for training opportunities in your area.

RogerinTPA
02-22-11, 06:43
You made a very sound first purchase and good selection with accessories. May I suggest a weapon light mounted to the front sight base to ID things that go bump in the night. You can get a sturdy light mount from Midwestindustries. http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=94

Welcome to M4C.

SteadyUp
02-22-11, 09:30
Good idea about adding a light to the front sight, Roger. I'll check out the link.

As far as training goes, obviously hands-on, real-life training is best, but until I can get to a class or course, would a DVD, such as Magpul's Art of the Tactical Carbine be of any benefit, or is geared more towards combat use of a weapon?

RogerinTPA
02-22-11, 12:05
Good idea about adding a light to the front sight, Roger. I'll check out the link.

As far as training goes, obviously hands-on, real-life training is best, but until I can get to a class or course, would a DVD, such as Magpul's Art of the Tactical Carbine be of any benefit, or is geared more towards combat use of a weapon?

Any of the Magpul, VTAC, Vickers dvd's will help BUT....unless you understand what's going on, it will only carry you so far. With practice, they should prepare you for your basic, then advanced carbine courses. However, there is no substitute for being in an actual course, using live ammo and actually practicing safe weapons handling in close proximity to other students.

SteadyUp
02-22-11, 13:55
Here's a link the the AR picture thread, with a few shots of my gun: https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=917848&postcount=10060