PDA

View Full Version : P30 trigger spring function

TheSmiter1
02-22-11, 04:25
Does the HK P30 (and pretty much all Hks, I guess) V3 trigger spring work through compression and then decompression (like the Glock NY1) or through extension and contraction (like a regular Glock trigger spring). Does the LEM trigger spring work in the same manner?

I don't know if I used correct terminology, but I was just wondering if the V3 and LEM spring function in the same way, and if one is more prone to breakage than the other.

jwperry
02-22-11, 06:17
Does the HK P30 (and pretty much all Hks, I guess) V3 trigger spring work through compression and then decompression (like the Glock NY1) or through extension and contraction (like a regular Glock trigger spring). Does the LEM trigger spring work in the same manner?

Yes

I don't know if I used correct terminology, but I was just wondering if the V3 and LEM spring function in the same way, and if one is more prone to breakage than the other.
I don't know if there is a correlation of spring breakage to trigger variant. I've never had either fail in any of my Hk pistols.

Hillbilly
02-22-11, 07:24
Yes

I don't know if there is a correlation of spring breakage to trigger variant. I've never had either fail in any of my Hk pistols.

this is my understanding as well

TheSmiter1
02-22-11, 13:09
So they both work like the NY1 spring on Glocks? Interesting. It seems that such decompressing-force springs last longer than their counterparts that use contracting force to reset the trigger. NY1 triggers seem to last longer on Glocks, and you both have little experience with HK trigger springs breaking.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I was curious.