PDA

View Full Version : Tightness with M&P45 Threaded Barrel

m4shooter1
02-22-11, 22:09
I just recently picked up an M&P 45 FS threaded barrel kit, which comes with a standard barrel and a threaded barrel. The thing that I noticed though is that while I can rack the slide normally with the standard barrel, when I have the threaded barrel in the slide, it is very difficult to rack the slide all the way back. With some difficulty you can get it back far enough to engage the slide stop, but there is so much friction / tension or something that the slide (with the slide stop disengaged) will not return forward unless you give it a "bump". The threaded barrel can be inserted into the slide with no difficulty -- so the tightness only becomes apparent when racking the slide.

I compete with an M&P9 FS, so I am pretty familiar with this platform. I am assuming that this is just new gun tightness that will go away with some breaking in, but I do have concerns about the threaded barrel being so tight. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks for any insight.

dvdlpzus
02-22-11, 22:57
I don't think that would be normal. Maybe try shotting with it about 300-500 rounds and if the issue persists I would call S&W. I have not heard about this issue anywhere else except with storm lake barrels.