PDA

View Full Version : Larry Vickers Pistol I in Birmingham, AL

Steel City
09-11-07, 18:10
Larry Vickers – Pistol I
Hoover, AL
Steel City Sports Shooting Association
April 5-6, 2008

Steel City is pleased to be hosting Larry Vickers for his Pistol I Course in April. It is going to be a two day course on April 5th and 6th in Hoover, AL. The class fee is $375 and space is limited to 15 people. Class participants who are not members of Steel City will be required to pay a $20 range usage fee. All participants will need to present a current concealed carry permit or law enforcement credentials as a prerequisite for the class. This class will fill up quickly, so please contact us at gunsafety@charter.net with any questions or to reserve your spot. A $150 deposit will be required to secure your spot and the balance will be due no later than January 30th, 2008.

Pistol I - Introductory Level

This class is for shooters who have had at least a basic pistol class either from Vickers Tactical or any other accredited instructor. State concealed carry certification classes specifically do not qualify. Topics covered include basic pistol topics and the following: malfunction drills, shooting on the move as well as strong hand and weak hand shooting. Introduction to timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Concealed carry methods are also covered. Night-fire will depend on time of year and range restrictions.

Class requirements:

• Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
• Serviceable holster
• Minimum 1 double magazine pouch
• Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)
• 1000 rounds of ammo – factory service type (no reloads)
• Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
• Hand held flashlight and spare batteries.
• Suitable range wear depending on the season
• Good attitude

Range Facilities and Location

Steel City is conveniently located in Hoover, AL, a suburb of Birmingham. There are multiple hotels and restaurants within 5 miles of the range. Specific range information and directions to the facility can be found at www.scssa.org.

John Hearne
09-16-07, 21:05
Thanks for brining Larry to the SE area. I've been trying to get into one of his classes and this is the first one that isn't an 8-10 hour drive. I've put the dates on my calendar and hope to attend.