PDA

View Full Version : take down spring, pivot spring and safety spring the same?

lt211
02-23-11, 06:58
Are the take down spring, pivot spring and safety spring in the lower the same?(they appear to be). I am ordering spare parts. Also are all the springs, detents, pins in the lowers the same quality from different Gun manufacturers? Rock River Arms has free shipping on orders over $25 and I can select individual parts. I appreciate the feedback from the professionals, dealers and such...thanks guys

Robb Jensen
02-23-11, 07:06
Are the take down spring, pivot spring and safety spring in the lower the same?(they appear to be). I am ordering spare parts. Also are all the springs, detents, pins in the lowers the same quality from different Gun manufacturers? Rock River Arms has free shipping on orders over $25 and I can select individual parts. I appreciate the feedback from the professionals, dealers and such...thanks guys

Takedown and pivot pin detents and springs are the same.

Ejector and safety springs are the same.

lt211
02-23-11, 10:07

Thanks Robb, are all these parts manufactured to the same standards? RRA GTG in regard to these small parts?

ASH556
02-23-11, 10:08

Correct, however to clarify, the Takedown spring is not the same as the selector/safety spring. The takedown springs are a bit longer and a bit slimmer.

ASH556
02-23-11, 10:12
Thanks Robb, are all these parts manufactured to the same standards? RRA GTG in regard to these small parts?

Not Rob, but: The RRA springs and detents I've used are good. However, I have seen some DPMS detents in the past that were soft (this was the selector detent, though, not the brass takedown detents). This lead to the selector swinging freely.

lt211
02-23-11, 10:39
I ordered a bunch of small individual spare parts from RRA (free shipping $25 or more) and then this morning I started thinking of its quality. Im sure its fine.